Pennsic Classes! Booklet Deadline 5/1/07

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
      Hi everyone!

      So, with the deadline of 5/1 looming up to get one's
      classes listed in the Pennsic Booklet, I was wondering
      who's planning on teaching what this year?

      I'm probably going to do a class on gerdany, a
      ukrainian beading technique that can be used in a
      number of ways and cultures, plus I was mentally
      kicking around a 2 part class on Kievan Garb (pt 1)
      and a "Shopping For Russians At Pennsic" guided tour
      of the merchants (pt 2, a sort of "how to make that
      seemingly Western European thing work for Russian"
      thing).

      'Dok, are you still going to do your classes??

      --Sfandra

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • purplkat@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
        I have a question regarding 'Classes' at pennsic.

        I am in the process of making a pair of custom made shoes from scratch (without anyone sitting on my shoulder watching), and in discussing it on the SCAFrugal list about 5 or 6 people have mentioned interest in me sharing my experiences in trying to make shoes.

        I am not comfortable talking in front of large crowds, and I don't think I would be 'teaching' anything. Also this 'class' would be something like a pre-Shoes 101 class... just a lot of information shared, some hints that I have picked up, and some stumbling blocks to avoid.

        That said - would a 'get together' or a 'discusison' be appropriate to put in the Pennsic Class Booklet?

        Katheryne

      • goldschp@tds.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
          And do we have a host for the SIG gathering?

          -- Paul

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
            Maybe you could co-teach with someone more outgoing?

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
              Sure! Probably the costuming class and I haven't
              decided on whatelse I may end up teaching. Did you
              have one in mind?

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
                --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                > Sure! Probably the costuming class and I haven't
                > decided on whatelse I may end up teaching. Did you
                > have one in mind?

                I'm not familliar w/ your classes, having never had
                the opportunity to attend them! But I was more just
                making sure I wasn't going to step on toes with a
                class on Early period costuming. IIRC, your classes
                are geared more towards later period, correct?

                I was just thinking that if someone was going to pop
                up and say "I'm going to teach such -n- such which I
                do a every war" or something like that, and it
                overlapped something I was thinking of teaching, that
                I would NOT offer my version. This will be my first
                Pennsic U as a teacher, and I wasn't sure of the
                etiquette.

                --Sfandra

                ******************
                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
                Haus Von Drakenklaue
                Kingdom of the East
                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
                  Well, you seem to have important parts down
                  pretty well: curtesy, consideration, willingness! I
                  wasn't aware of anyone teaching a Kievian class and to
                  be honest, I'm glad that you want to! Sofya and I
                  co-taught some classes last month at Gulf Wars, but
                  she never makes it out to Pennsic. Mostly, Pennsic is
                  a casual amble for me and that is how I approach my
                  classes as well.
                  Now, for the SIG meeting / party! Who hasn't
                  hosted it yet?

                  http://mail.yahoo.com