RE: [sig] Re: Lithanian Clothing

  • Doug Petroshius
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10, 2007
      Sorry about the lack of snipping. When I got back on this list, I told
      myself I wouldn't and then just after I clicked send I said "'DOH!"

      >1410 is way before my specialty of study (in time) but your
      >conclusion seems odd to me. By eastern Lithuanian, do you mean the
      >Ruthen /Rus natives of Today's east Belarus and Smolensk and east
      >Ukrainian regions of the Grand Duchy? If so OK.

      My persona was in Central Lithuania in terms of the GDL in that time period.

      But if you mean the
      >small number of actual ethnic Lithuanians in that area, mostly
      >members of the elite ruling and military classes, I don't know.

      Yes, he would have been of noble birth. But I have portrayed my persona to
      be of those mounted lithuanians that were at the battle. My research does
      indicate that the wealthier ones had heavier armor (which I am sure is the
      case in other cultures).

      The
      >Lithuanians seemed to be wearing an odd mix of western and eastern
      >in the 1400s, a little unique.

      That helps a lot, actually, but it appears it is the hardest time period to
      research. At least I know with some level of reasoning that the Polish-Rus
      thing will work.

      >I went to a Lithuanian festival and some guy started a finger-
      >shaking lecture at me, saying I was dressed as a Pole...not a
      >Lithuanian. Wrong! The Poles copied that zupon and delia and kontuz
      >look from the lithuanians not the other way around.
      >-Rick

      That guy wasn't me!!! :) ----Did he say what a Lithuanian *should* be
      dressed as?