RE: [sig] Banya's Mold

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Karaznina, poklon ot Sofya!

      >I'm trying to identify the "old
      >chronicle ...from the thirteenth century" mentioned in Russian
      >Herbalism by Igor Vilevich Zevin pertaining to the discovery in
      >Novgorod of "banya's mold" as a cure for infected wounds.

      The obvious place to look is the Novgorod Chronicle.

      http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/novgorod1.html

      I haven't run across a more complete version on-line, nor am I finding the reference you're looking for in my abbreviated copies of the Chronicle.

      Hard copies would be available at your local university library in:

      Robert Michell and Nevill Forbes, (Translators) The Chronicle of Novgorod, 1016-1417. Camden Third Series. Vol. 25. London: The Camden Society, 1914. Passim et seriatim. reprinted in Warren Walsh, Readings in Russian History, (Syracuse NY: Syracuse University Press, 1948)

      K tvoim uslugam,

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser