Re: [sig] Old Church Slavonic references

  • DOUGLAS PETROFF
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 7, 2007
      Would you like a copy of the alphabet and pronunciation? SergiusB

      Stephanie Ross wrote:

      > Anyone have any reputable historical reference suggestions relating to Old
      > Church Slavonic (both as a liturgical and otherwise written language)?
      > This
      > request comes from another list. I definitely think this list is the place
      > to ask.
      >
      > Nadya
      > Et si omnes, ego non.
      >
      > "A faithful friend is the medicine of life."
      > -- Apocrypha

    • Stephanie Ross
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 8, 2007
        Yes, please, I think that might be a good place for the questioner to start.

        Nadya

        Stephanie Ross wrote:

        > Anyone have any reputable historical reference suggestions relating to Old
        > Church Slavonic (both as a liturgical and otherwise written language)?
      • Lente
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 16, 2007
          Okay I took pictures but about half of them are really blurry so on
          Monday I will try again and retake clearer pictures with the camera on
          the tripod, I should have done that the first time. FYI at the front of
          the book is the only color image, I will take a picture of it in its
          entirety and then closer views of it in 3 shots. all the other pictures
          are in black and white but I plan to post them all in the photo section
          or file section if possible.

          Sorry for not getting them posted this week, I couldn't stand the messy
          house anymore so it got a major pick up started instead.
          Kathws

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 19, 2007
            Thanks! That is so very great of you to do or us!
            Clean your house first. I'm around four kids all th
            etime so I know that compulsion quite well indeed!!!
            'dok
            --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

            > Okay I took pictures but about half of them are
            > really blurry so on
            > Monday I will try again and retake clearer pictures
            > with the camera on
            > the tripod, I should have done that the first time.
            > FYI at the front of
            > the book is the only color image, I will take a
            > picture of it in its
            > entirety and then closer views of it in 3 shots. all
            > the other pictures
            > are in black and white but I plan to post them all
            > in the photo section
            > or file section if possible.
            >
            > Sorry for not getting them posted this week, I
            > couldn't stand the messy
            > house anymore so it got a major pick up started
            > instead.
            > Kathws
            >
            > Tim Nalley wrote:
            > > Lente,
            > > Actually, I think that might be the one! Would you
            > > mind doing that? I'm shopping around for parchment
            > at
            > > the moment!
            > > Thanks!
            > > 'dok
            > > --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
            > >

            > >> Hmm, which bible? I have the Library of congress
            > >> facsimile copy of the
            > >> Nekcsei-Lipocz bible. Every blurb I see online
            > says
            > >> its a 14th century
            > >> manuscript from Hungary illuminated by Italian
            > >> artists.

          • Lente
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 24, 2007
              Okay I have some of the pictures taken of the nekcsei-lipocz bible but
              Yahoo keeps timing out on me while I am trying to upload some of the
              pictures. yahoo just wasn't liking me one bit yesterday. So I will see
              if I can figure out basic website making and stick them out on
              geocities, tripod or something like, ideally it will be on the cableone
              space we have but I need to get the password from my husband so not
              guaranteeing that. I will let everyone know by Monday hopefully that I
              have the pictures up somewhere. At least that will be my plan.

              Kathws