Re: moderator job opening

  • Jenn
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2007
      Okay, I finally got around to updating the group settings to include
      all our new moderators. Sorry. Busy, busy. Anyway.

      The new moderators are:
      Paul
      Su
      Zygmunt
      Alastair
      and Liudmila is staying on as a moderator.

      The moderators all have the ability to approve memberships and posts
      and other sundry moderator duties. You will all receive an email
      whenever someone wants to join or whenever a new member posts for the
      first time.

      The way I've been handling things is to approve membership to anyone
      that wants it (we only have an approval step to weed out spammers) and
      to let new members post without being moderated as soon as they show
      that they get the rules and are a real person (which is usually
      evident the first time they post).

      Traffic has been pretty low this month, so it hasn't been a great
      example of what being a moderator can be like, but honestly, it isn't
      too bad once you get the hang of it. Email me if you have any questions.

      In Service,

      --Yana