Re: [sig] Re: Period Ukrainian Costumes

  • bettybetravellin
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 28, 2007
      Thanks for the info. As well as looking to see if I can do period-style Ukie garb for myself that will double duty for the SCA and when I am in front of an audience speaking, I also teach Ukie dance.
      So, I am also looking to find some plakhta material for the adult group I've just started. Unfortunately, the budget is tight, so alas, having it woven here or purchasing it from Ukraine, is not an option.

      If anyone else has any ideas for inexpensive look-a-likes for the plakhta material (Poltava), I'm all ears! (I've thought about using plaid, but it looks, well, plaid, and doesn't work, in my opinion).

      Thanks!
      Jeanne

      Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...> wrote:
      I think this (see below) was supposed to go to the list and not to me personally; since I wasn't the one looking for the fabric.

      As an aside, I do know someone who will do replica commision work for Ukrainian weaving; but it doesn't come quickly or cheaply as her contracts with museums take precedence. It's significantly more the 95$ a meter - but it will be from wool. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with her.

      -Kataryna

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2007
        I'll poke around Vegreville and see what I can find. The dance groups
        here are also on pretty tight budgets - so they must have something.
        -Kataryna