Re: [sig] Moderator vs listserv

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2007
      A listserv is what this discussion group is. When I said "running
      the listserv," I meant moderating.
      Sorry for the confusion.

      As for the responsibilities, Yana could probably comment more fully,
      but basically it involves approving/not approving messages from
      people on moderated status, watching over the discussions to make
      sure that things stay civil, keeping an eye of the "bounce" list to
      see if messages to a particular email are being returned, and other
      sorts of maintenance issues.

      When you said that you are willing to be a moderator, what did you
      have in mind? Did it include these sorts of tasks or did you mean
      something else?

      Thanks,
      Paul

      At 11:18 AM 2/10/2007, you wrote:
      >I am currently willing to be a moderator for the list. I don't know what a
      >listserv does, so I don't want to commit to something that I can not do or
      >don't have time for... could you explain some more?
      >
      >Thanks!
      >Su
    • Su Ralston
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2007
        Paul wrote:
        > A listserv is what this discussion group is. When I said "running
        > the listserv," I meant moderating.
        > Sorry for the confusion.

        I'm good! (See, use a new buzzword like 'listserv' and I get
        confused, use 'moderator' like Yahoogroups uses and I'm okay! ;-P)

        I've been the owner/moderator on several other Yahoo lists.

        You can count me in,
        Su