Re: [sig] Re: moderator job opening

  • Liudmila V
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
      I am not reliable enough to be a regular moderator, because when I get busy at workaround midterms or finals I forget about my SCA e-mail (this address is only for that). I am listed as one, and can continue serve as an emergency back-up when asked, as I did in the past for Yana.

      Liudmila

      In a message dated 02/09/07 07:22:48 Pacific Standard Time, goldschp@... writes:
      Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
      moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

    • Jenn
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2007
        Okay, I finally got around to updating the group settings to include
        all our new moderators. Sorry. Busy, busy. Anyway.

        The new moderators are:
        Paul
        Su
        Zygmunt
        Alastair
        and Liudmila is staying on as a moderator.

        The moderators all have the ability to approve memberships and posts
        and other sundry moderator duties. You will all receive an email
        whenever someone wants to join or whenever a new member posts for the
        first time.

        The way I've been handling things is to approve membership to anyone
        that wants it (we only have an approval step to weed out spammers) and
        to let new members post without being moderated as soon as they show
        that they get the rules and are a real person (which is usually
        evident the first time they post).

        Traffic has been pretty low this month, so it hasn't been a great
        example of what being a moderator can be like, but honestly, it isn't
        too bad once you get the hang of it. Email me if you have any questions.

        In Service,

        --Yana