Re: [sig] Re: moderator job opening

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
      On 2/9/07, Su Ralston <suralston@...> wrote:
      Zygmunt also replied (with apologies if Pan is your first name... it
      looked like a title to me!): >>

      Yes indeed, 'Pan' is Polish for 'Lord'. :)
      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

    • Liudmila V
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
        I am not reliable enough to be a regular moderator, because when I get busy at workaround midterms or finals I forget about my SCA e-mail (this address is only for that). I am listed as one, and can continue serve as an emergency back-up when asked, as I did in the past for Yana.

        Liudmila

        In a message dated 02/09/07 07:22:48 Pacific Standard Time, goldschp@... writes:
        Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
        moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

      • Jenn
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2007
          Okay, I finally got around to updating the group settings to include
          all our new moderators. Sorry. Busy, busy. Anyway.

          The new moderators are:
          Paul
          Su
          Zygmunt
          Alastair
          and Liudmila is staying on as a moderator.

          The moderators all have the ability to approve memberships and posts
          and other sundry moderator duties. You will all receive an email
          whenever someone wants to join or whenever a new member posts for the
          first time.

          The way I've been handling things is to approve membership to anyone
          that wants it (we only have an approval step to weed out spammers) and
          to let new members post without being moderated as soon as they show
          that they get the rules and are a real person (which is usually
          evident the first time they post).

          Traffic has been pretty low this month, so it hasn't been a great
          example of what being a moderator can be like, but honestly, it isn't
          too bad once you get the hang of it. Email me if you have any questions.

          In Service,

          --Yana