Re: [sig] Re: moderator job opening

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
      On 2/9/07, Su Ralston <suralston@...> wrote:
      Zygmunt also replied (with apologies if Pan is your first name... it
      looked like a title to me!): >>

      Yes indeed, 'Pan' is Polish for 'Lord'. :)
      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

    • Paul W Goldschmidt
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
        Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
        moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

        My position is that I can do the moderator job and I'll do an OK job
        at it, but I have always liked the idea that the SIG-L was not run by
        me (after all, I run SIG itself). Having another person in charge of
        the listserv helps to provide some variety. Ideally, if I'm going to
        be the moderator, I'd like to train a deputy and have them transition
        into the role of running the listserv in the future. So, if someone
        (like Su?) is willing to help for now, that would be great.

        Thanks,
        Paul

        At 08:36 AM 2/9/2007, you wrote:
        >My response:
        >The more hands, the easier the work... I can help also!
        >
        >Su of the Silver Horn
      • Liudmila V
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
          I am not reliable enough to be a regular moderator, because when I get busy at workaround midterms or finals I forget about my SCA e-mail (this address is only for that). I am listed as one, and can continue serve as an emergency back-up when asked, as I did in the past for Yana.

          Liudmila

          In a message dated 02/09/07 07:22:48 Pacific Standard Time, goldschp@... writes:
          Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
          moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

        • Jenn
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2007
            Okay, I finally got around to updating the group settings to include
            all our new moderators. Sorry. Busy, busy. Anyway.

            The new moderators are:
            Paul
            Su
            Zygmunt
            Alastair
            and Liudmila is staying on as a moderator.

            The moderators all have the ability to approve memberships and posts
            and other sundry moderator duties. You will all receive an email
            whenever someone wants to join or whenever a new member posts for the
            first time.

            The way I've been handling things is to approve membership to anyone
            that wants it (we only have an approval step to weed out spammers) and
            to let new members post without being moderated as soon as they show
            that they get the rules and are a real person (which is usually
            evident the first time they post).

            Traffic has been pretty low this month, so it hasn't been a great
            example of what being a moderator can be like, but honestly, it isn't
            too bad once you get the hang of it. Email me if you have any questions.

            In Service,

            --Yana