Re: [sig] Re: moderator job opening

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
      On 2/8/07, yanajenn <yanajenn@...> wrote:

      > SIG members, this is entirely up to you, not me. If anyone else wants
      > the job or has any major objections, please let everyoen know here on
      > the list in the next week or so.
      >
      > --Yana
      >
      > -- In sig@yahoogroups.com <sig%40yahoogroups.com>, Paul W Goldschmidt
      > <goldschp@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I would be willing to take on the job.
      > >
      > > -- Paul
      > >
      > > At 04:29 PM 2/8/2007, you wrote:
      > >
      > > >Just letting everyone know that I have not gotten any offers to take
      > > >over the moderator job. We need a new moderator *soon* so please
      > > >consider helping out.
      > > >
      > > >--Yana

      If no one else wants to, I'll second Paul. :)
      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

    • Su Ralston
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
        Yana wrote:
        > SIG members, this is entirely up to you, not me. If anyone else wants
        > the job or has any major objections, please let everyoen know here on
        > the list in the next week or so.

        Paul replied:
        > I would be willing to take on the job.

        Zygmunt also replied (with apologies if Pan is your first name... it
        looked like a title to me!):

        > If no one else wants to, I'll second Paul. :)

        My response:
        The more hands, the easier the work... I can help also!

        Su of the Silver Horn
      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
          On 2/9/07, Su Ralston <suralston@...> wrote:
          Zygmunt also replied (with apologies if Pan is your first name... it
          looked like a title to me!): >>

          Yes indeed, 'Pan' is Polish for 'Lord'. :)
          --
          Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
          "Fight like the whole world is watching you" - Syr Justus de Tyre, Atlantia

        • Paul W Goldschmidt
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
            Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
            moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

            My position is that I can do the moderator job and I'll do an OK job
            at it, but I have always liked the idea that the SIG-L was not run by
            me (after all, I run SIG itself). Having another person in charge of
            the listserv helps to provide some variety. Ideally, if I'm going to
            be the moderator, I'd like to train a deputy and have them transition
            into the role of running the listserv in the future. So, if someone
            (like Su?) is willing to help for now, that would be great.

            Thanks,
            Paul

            At 08:36 AM 2/9/2007, you wrote:
            >My response:
            >The more hands, the easier the work... I can help also!
            >
            >Su of the Silver Horn
          • Liudmila V
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
              I am not reliable enough to be a regular moderator, because when I get busy at workaround midterms or finals I forget about my SCA e-mail (this address is only for that). I am listed as one, and can continue serve as an emergency back-up when asked, as I did in the past for Yana.

              Liudmila

              In a message dated 02/09/07 07:22:48 Pacific Standard Time, goldschp@... writes:
              Are you offering to moderate or to assist me in being the
              moderator? (Speaking of which, is Liudmila still assisting the moderator?).

            • Jenn
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2007
                Okay, I finally got around to updating the group settings to include
                all our new moderators. Sorry. Busy, busy. Anyway.

                The new moderators are:
                Paul
                Su
                Zygmunt
                Alastair
                and Liudmila is staying on as a moderator.

                The moderators all have the ability to approve memberships and posts
                and other sundry moderator duties. You will all receive an email
                whenever someone wants to join or whenever a new member posts for the
                first time.

                The way I've been handling things is to approve membership to anyone
                that wants it (we only have an approval step to weed out spammers) and
                to let new members post without being moderated as soon as they show
                that they get the rules and are a real person (which is usually
                evident the first time they post).

                Traffic has been pretty low this month, so it hasn't been a great
                example of what being a moderator can be like, but honestly, it isn't
                too bad once you get the hang of it. Email me if you have any questions.

                In Service,

                --Yana