A 16th Century Hungarian Costume Source

  • Katherine Barich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hello to those interested in Hungarian 16th century clothing and source material!

      I've been working on a project for my developing webpage collecting extant 16th century inventories from different early (out of copyright) sources and translating them. So far it has been quite enjoyable and I am up to working through all of the languages of Western Europe. Hungarian, however, is not in my repetoire :(

      But this source seems too good not pass on (this is a reprint of an 19th century book).

      Magyar családélet és háztartás a XVI. és XVII. században
      by Béla Radvánszky, báró; Emoke László; Judit H Kolba; Erzsébet Vadászi
      1986-
      Hungarian Book v. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
      [Budapest?] : Helikon, ; ISBN: 9632076079 (v.1) 9789632076072 (v.1)

      The index I am checking lists that this book has inventories and dowries throughout the 16th century.

      I am going to order the book right now from University of Washington and see what I can make out. An interested translator would be warmly welcomed!

      Katherine Barich