Tatar slavery

  • Ann H. Montague
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hi, I'm tryng to find out information on the customs surrounding
      slavery among the Tatar tribes. I'm trying to write a story that
      takes place in 16th century Russia and surrounding areas. One of my
      characters is a woman who is the daughter of a Nogay chieftain in
      1530, and I was wondering if she would have a personal slave or
      servant. Does anyone here know where I can find information on this
      subject?

      - Ann M.