Re: [sig] soup ideas?

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
      Add wine to the soup shortly before serving it (just
      long enough to cook off _most_ of the alchohol). That
      _really_ makes a soup or stew rich and flavorful. For
      beef and lamb and strong, rich meats, this works
      especially well. Can't document it, but I can see a
      rich medieval merchant showing off by putting wine -
      not a cheap commodity - in some of his dishes, to
      impress his guests....

      Eluned

      --- "Sam W (wOOt / Kotek" <wootduosmaster@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I'm cooking a soup kitchen for an event soon, and
      > just found out my budget
      > is a _lot_ more than I anticipated. (NZ$350 (About
      > $220 US) for soup for 100
      > people, which is about what I spent on my first
      > feast of 40).
      >
      > So, anyone got a suggestion for a soup recipe, which
      > doesn't have to be
      > budget-aware? I've got some beef and lamb stock
      > bubbling away now, so using
      > that would help.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > ~Kotek

      > removed]

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited