New SIG Favicon

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      I set up a favicon for the SIG home page. Some of the older pages
      are not set up to display it (and those older ones that are on the
      goldschp.net domain may display my personal arms since that is the
      site default), but over time I will get all of the pages converted.

      I tried out a pysanky but the details were so lost that it just
      looked like a blob. Instead, I went with old Slavonic letters. I
      tried the "ks" (the one that looks like the numeral 3 with a hacet),
      but it looked kind of goofy as well. The current choice doesn't
      quite say "Slavic Interest Group" to me, so I'll reopen the
      nominations/comments for a favicon.

      To recap: we need something that looks good at only 16x16 pixels and
      that is not country- or region- specific.

      To see the current favicon, you will probably need to use a non-IE
      browser (Firefox works great!) as Microsoft doesn't appear to support
      the functionality (even in 7!). It appears on the home page, the
      Slovo main page, Newsletter #44, the knowledge page home, the current
      member list, and several other major SIG pages. For those who don't
      know, SIG is at http://slavic.freeservers.com

      Thanks,
      Paul Wickenden