Re: [sig] Re: Alexander Nevsky

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2007
      Australia - way cool!!!

      Well, living in NC, I might as well be in Australia,
      for the monoligualism!
      _IF_ I could find the money/time to drive up to, say,
      Chicago (three days of driving, approx), with it's
      large polish population, or even farther to NY city
      with it's large italian population, or even Buffalo,
      which has real italian bakeries run by italian
      families _for_ italians, that would be one thing, but
      in NC they consider it a city if it has a 1x1.5 square
      miles of "downtown" (or "uptown") with tall
      buildings...!!!
      I lived in a town that had only _one_ tall building,
      and the sign said "City" of Salisbury!!!

      ah, well, I guess they are trying to think
      positive...!

      Eluned

      --- Rosie <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

      > >It's a real pity that u can't read any Italian as I
      > publsihed this
      > year a biography with dialogs of this famous prince.
      > Anyhow I have
      > still a couple of copies home and if u want one just
      > let me have any
      > address where I could send it over to. Ciao
      >
      > No, I don't read Italian! This is what comes of
      > living in
      > institutionalised monolingual Australia... Actually
      > I am bilingual, but
      > Australian sign language isn't going to help in this
      > situation :( If
      > you ever feel like translating it into English (you
      > know, in your spare
      > time ;) ) do let me know!
      > Thanks anyway,
      > Rosie

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited