Re: Alexander Nevsky

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
      That's right, the Lithuanians did not defeat the Knights, the Poles
      did. So PHURUUUH! (rasberry sound) :)
      -Rick
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "aldo" <turanomar@...> wrote:

      > Actually the Knights were not defeated. Jogaila was hesitating to
      continue the battle standing just in front of Marienburg as he had
      understood that no war was perfmited among Christians and therefore
      he was not sure he had the right to conquer the Castle. Vytautas
      abandoned the field after a while also as the (White-)Russians who
      were tha majority of the army soldiers of his wanted to go back
      home. And finally also Jogaila returned to Cracow.

      > Aldo

      Tannenberg in
      > 1410, killed the Order's Grand Master Ulrich von Jungingen. The
      Liths were

      writes:

      > << Hi Chaps,
      > Does anyone know if there is a biography of Alexander Nevsky in
      > English, and if so, where I could find it? He's my partner's
      hero :) I
      > don't know much about him myself, but anyone who can kick
      Teutonic

    • grunasulisz.asp@neostrada.pl
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
        I waited for someone to said THAT!
        Thanks = Wielkie Dzieki Rick !!!! :))))

        Magdalena

        That's right, the Lithuanians did not defeat the Knights, the Poles
        did. So PHURUUUH! (rasberry sound) :)
        -Rick
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "aldo" <turanomar@...> wrote:

        Recent Activity
        a.. 2New Members
        Visit Your Group
        a.. Medieval tapestry
        b.. Medieval costume
        c.. Medieval and renaissance costume
        Yahoo! News
        Space News

        Get the latest

        space related news

        Yahoo! Avatars
        Express Yourself

        Show your style &

        mood in Messenger.

        Yahoo! TV
        Read Ivanka's Blog

        Stay updated on

        The Apprentice.
        .

      • aldo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
          Of course the Poles did! However it was not by that occasion of the Tannenberg Grunwald Battle of 1410 but some years later!
          Aldo

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2007
            > Of course the Poles did! However it was not by that occasion of the
            Tannenberg Grunwald Battle of 1410 but some years later!

            And my grandmother (very patriotically English) always said the Poles
            couldn't win a war. (My grandfather was Polish.) Not long ago I found
            out King Canute's mum was a Pole. Don't I wish she was still around so
            I could blow raspberries at her for that!
            :)
            Rosie
          • Tracy Kremer
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 11, 2007
              Australia - way cool!!!

              Well, living in NC, I might as well be in Australia,
              for the monoligualism!
              _IF_ I could find the money/time to drive up to, say,
              Chicago (three days of driving, approx), with it's
              large polish population, or even farther to NY city
              with it's large italian population, or even Buffalo,
              which has real italian bakeries run by italian
              families _for_ italians, that would be one thing, but
              in NC they consider it a city if it has a 1x1.5 square
              miles of "downtown" (or "uptown") with tall
              buildings...!!!
              I lived in a town that had only _one_ tall building,
              and the sign said "City" of Salisbury!!!

              ah, well, I guess they are trying to think
              positive...!

              Eluned

              --- Rosie <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

              > >It's a real pity that u can't read any Italian as I
              > publsihed this
              > year a biography with dialogs of this famous prince.
              > Anyhow I have
              > still a couple of copies home and if u want one just
              > let me have any
              > address where I could send it over to. Ciao
              >
              > No, I don't read Italian! This is what comes of
              > living in
              > institutionalised monolingual Australia... Actually
              > I am bilingual, but
              > Australian sign language isn't going to help in this
              > situation :( If
              > you ever feel like translating it into English (you
              > know, in your spare
              > time ;) ) do let me know!
              > Thanks anyway,
              > Rosie

              CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

              Yahoo! Music Unlimited
              Access over 1 million songs.
              http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited