Re: [sig] Rus' coat closures

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      Witam! I thought I'd chime in here real quick:

      On 1/2/07, Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik <Posadnik@...> wrote:<<here's a
      Polish SCA resource, I just fail to remember the url, with re-created Polish
      16-17 century Zhupan with knot buttons. It can be re-googled (I found it at
      random while googling for knot buttons). >>

      The new, and growing, SCA Polish Costume site, has my Handbook, at
      http://www.plcommonwealth.org . However, I don't have anything there on the
      knots. The wealthier would use guilt buttons made out of precious &
      semi-precious metals. See section two (Male & Female dress) in the files
      section.
      The button directions can be found here
      http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/patterns.htm , which is the Site of Rick
      Orli's "Orlicki's Regiment' Polish re-enactment site.

      I hope this helps!

      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
      "Discipline is the bridge between thought and accomplishment." - Jets RB,
      Curtis Martin