Re: [sig] Re: Alexander Nevsky

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
      I think as u are living on the other side of the earth that it should be the other way round i.e. you may have a chance to fly or drive to Canberra where my good friend has a Barber's and he still speaks Italian very well. His name is Cataldo. You may ask him for reading aloud every one evening in a week my book for you...

      Aldo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
        That's right, the Lithuanians did not defeat the Knights, the Poles
        did. So PHURUUUH! (rasberry sound) :)
        -Rick
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "aldo" <turanomar@...> wrote:

        > Actually the Knights were not defeated. Jogaila was hesitating to
        continue the battle standing just in front of Marienburg as he had
        understood that no war was perfmited among Christians and therefore
        he was not sure he had the right to conquer the Castle. Vytautas
        abandoned the field after a while also as the (White-)Russians who
        were tha majority of the army soldiers of his wanted to go back
        home. And finally also Jogaila returned to Cracow.

        > Aldo

        Tannenberg in
        > 1410, killed the Order's Grand Master Ulrich von Jungingen. The
        Liths were

        writes:

        > << Hi Chaps,
        > Does anyone know if there is a biography of Alexander Nevsky in
        > English, and if so, where I could find it? He's my partner's
        hero :) I
        > don't know much about him myself, but anyone who can kick
        Teutonic

      • grunasulisz.asp@neostrada.pl
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
          I waited for someone to said THAT!
          Thanks = Wielkie Dzieki Rick !!!! :))))

          Magdalena

          That's right, the Lithuanians did not defeat the Knights, the Poles
          did. So PHURUUUH! (rasberry sound) :)
          -Rick
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "aldo" <turanomar@...> wrote:

          Recent Activity
          a.. 2New Members
          Visit Your Group
          a.. Medieval tapestry
          b.. Medieval costume
          c.. Medieval and renaissance costume
          Yahoo! News
          Space News

          Get the latest

          space related news

          Yahoo! Avatars
          Express Yourself

          Show your style &

          mood in Messenger.

          Yahoo! TV
          Read Ivanka's Blog

          Stay updated on

          The Apprentice.
          .

        • aldo
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2007
            Of course the Poles did! However it was not by that occasion of the Tannenberg Grunwald Battle of 1410 but some years later!
            Aldo

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 3, 2007
              > Of course the Poles did! However it was not by that occasion of the
              Tannenberg Grunwald Battle of 1410 but some years later!

              And my grandmother (very patriotically English) always said the Poles
              couldn't win a war. (My grandfather was Polish.) Not long ago I found
              out King Canute's mum was a Pole. Don't I wish she was still around so
              I could blow raspberries at her for that!
              :)
              Rosie
            • Tracy Kremer
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 11, 2007
                Australia - way cool!!!

                Well, living in NC, I might as well be in Australia,
                for the monoligualism!
                _IF_ I could find the money/time to drive up to, say,
                Chicago (three days of driving, approx), with it's
                large polish population, or even farther to NY city
                with it's large italian population, or even Buffalo,
                which has real italian bakeries run by italian
                families _for_ italians, that would be one thing, but
                in NC they consider it a city if it has a 1x1.5 square
                miles of "downtown" (or "uptown") with tall
                buildings...!!!
                I lived in a town that had only _one_ tall building,
                and the sign said "City" of Salisbury!!!

                ah, well, I guess they are trying to think
                positive...!

                Eluned

                --- Rosie <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

                > >It's a real pity that u can't read any Italian as I
                > publsihed this
                > year a biography with dialogs of this famous prince.
                > Anyhow I have
                > still a couple of copies home and if u want one just
                > let me have any
                > address where I could send it over to. Ciao
                >
                > No, I don't read Italian! This is what comes of
                > living in
                > institutionalised monolingual Australia... Actually
                > I am bilingual, but
                > Australian sign language isn't going to help in this
                > situation :( If
                > you ever feel like translating it into English (you
                > know, in your spare
                > time ;) ) do let me know!
                > Thanks anyway,
                > Rosie

                CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

                Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                Access over 1 million songs.
                http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited