Re: [sig] Re: polish garb for men Qs- amber

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 6, 2006
      Oh, I forgot that some people have not trained
      themselve in amber purchasing. I, well, I've trained
      to know the difference. Also, I got my sources from
      someone who has/had (he quit selling) good sources.
      But, when it comes to rough amber, strung amber
      chunks, which is what I prefer, they seldom bother to
      fake them; not enough money in it. It's the polished,
      finished pieces that you have to check out carefully.

      Eluned

      --- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
      <jenne@...> wrote:

      > I generally only buy from people I know, who trade
      > directly with Eastern
      > Europe. But then, I buy all my amber in the SCA. :)
      >
      > > While I don't disagree, amber is easily faked with
      > modern resins and
      > > plastics, and faked amber is big business. On the
      > other hand, the
      > > fakes are often so good that if you don't know, or
      > do know, you can
      > > still be a happy customer. You can easily pay
      > more for the same fake
      > > in a shop. But if you want a really nice piece
      > that costs several
      > > hundred dollars, watch out.
      > >
      > > > no, don't go to the shops, they're overpriced;
      > find
      > > > the nearest pier or hangout spot for folks who
      > sell
      > > > out of bags or trays, or, best of all, go to the
      > > > Polish version of the farmer's market/flea
      > market.>
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
      > jenne@...
      > "History doesn't always repeat itself. Sometimes it
      > screams
      > 'Why don't you ever listen to me?' and lets fly with
      > a club."

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com