Re: [sig] Re: Slavic U transport

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
      On 11/9/06, anubisgrrl@... <anubisgrrl@...> wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U
      > next year. I am in New Mexico.
      >
      > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and
      > ice?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Tatiana Grigorevna
      > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands

      Witam!

      Snow and ice are always a potential issue here in Michigan that time of
      year; however, our road crews are pros at disposing of it and do an
      excellent job of keeping the roads clear for travelers. Heck, almost two
      years ago, MANY of us in the region drove to the Winter Revel held there, in
      a blizzard! And the road crews did an excellent job then as well. So, unless
      it is actively snowing *heavily*, your journey should be uneventful in our
      fair region, this time of year.

      I believe the closest major airport is Gerald R. Ford International in Grand
      Rapids. You may also want to try Lansing International. Both are roughly the
      same distance from the park, and are off the same major highway (I-96).

      The forthcoming website will have travel and accomodation info on it. I have
      also gotten a verbal agreement for helping do ordinate crash space from the
      local group's Baron, Master Sir Garth of the Crags.

      Please note that, while the event has an SCA slant, I EARNESTLY ENCOURAGE
      any of our brethren with common interests (e.g., The Sienkiewicz Society,
      Musketeers & Maidens, etc) to attend, as I am sure they have something to
      share!

      More info when I get it.

      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

    • Lente
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
        Hmm, until I see the school calendar for 2007 I won't really know for
        certain but that is the weekend in December that it has been on for the
        past 2 or 3 years. So right now and until end of July (when I get a copy
        of the calendar) I will just assume that it will be the same weekend for
        the school holiday singing at the church to happen. I will count my
        pennies and see about coming if the school singing weekend changes
        though. Heck I would even have to come up with colder weather garb than
        I have right now. One wool coat probably wouldn't cut it.

        Kathws