Re: [sig] Re: Slavic U transport

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hi Tatiana,

      Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
      singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
      country for me. boo-hoo!

      Hope everyone has lots of fun and learns lots of new stuff to share.

      Kathws Rusa
      Al-Barran, Outlands

      anubisgrrl@... wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U next year. I am in New Mexico.
      >
      > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and ice?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Tatiana Grigorevna
      > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands
    • Paul W Goldschmidt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
        In 2007?? (or are you thinking 2006?)

        The event is in December 2007.

        At 05:42 PM 11/9/2006, you wrote:

        >Hi Tatiana,
        >
        >Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
        >singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
        >country for me. boo-hoo!
      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
          On 11/9/06, anubisgrrl@... <anubisgrrl@...> wrote:

          > Greetings!
          >
          > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U
          > next year. I am in New Mexico.
          >
          > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and
          > ice?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Tatiana Grigorevna
          > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands

          Witam!

          Snow and ice are always a potential issue here in Michigan that time of
          year; however, our road crews are pros at disposing of it and do an
          excellent job of keeping the roads clear for travelers. Heck, almost two
          years ago, MANY of us in the region drove to the Winter Revel held there, in
          a blizzard! And the road crews did an excellent job then as well. So, unless
          it is actively snowing *heavily*, your journey should be uneventful in our
          fair region, this time of year.

          I believe the closest major airport is Gerald R. Ford International in Grand
          Rapids. You may also want to try Lansing International. Both are roughly the
          same distance from the park, and are off the same major highway (I-96).

          The forthcoming website will have travel and accomodation info on it. I have
          also gotten a verbal agreement for helping do ordinate crash space from the
          local group's Baron, Master Sir Garth of the Crags.

          Please note that, while the event has an SCA slant, I EARNESTLY ENCOURAGE
          any of our brethren with common interests (e.g., The Sienkiewicz Society,
          Musketeers & Maidens, etc) to attend, as I am sure they have something to
          share!

          More info when I get it.

          --
          Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

        • Lente
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
            Hmm, until I see the school calendar for 2007 I won't really know for
            certain but that is the weekend in December that it has been on for the
            past 2 or 3 years. So right now and until end of July (when I get a copy
            of the calendar) I will just assume that it will be the same weekend for
            the school holiday singing at the church to happen. I will count my
            pennies and see about coming if the school singing weekend changes
            though. Heck I would even have to come up with colder weather garb than
            I have right now. One wool coat probably wouldn't cut it.

            Kathws