Re: Slavic U transport

  • anubisgrrl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
      Greetings!

      I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U next year. I am in New Mexico.

      What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and ice?

      Cheers,
      Tatiana Grigorevna
      Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands
    • Lente
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
        Hi Tatiana,

        Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
        singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
        country for me. boo-hoo!

        Hope everyone has lots of fun and learns lots of new stuff to share.

        Kathws Rusa
        Al-Barran, Outlands

        anubisgrrl@... wrote:
        > Greetings!
        >
        > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U next year. I am in New Mexico.
        >
        > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and ice?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Tatiana Grigorevna
        > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands
      • Paul W Goldschmidt
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
          In 2007?? (or are you thinking 2006?)

          The event is in December 2007.

          At 05:42 PM 11/9/2006, you wrote:

          >Hi Tatiana,
          >
          >Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
          >singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
          >country for me. boo-hoo!
        • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
            On 11/9/06, anubisgrrl@... <anubisgrrl@...> wrote:

            > Greetings!
            >
            > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U
            > next year. I am in New Mexico.
            >
            > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and
            > ice?
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Tatiana Grigorevna
            > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands

            Witam!

            Snow and ice are always a potential issue here in Michigan that time of
            year; however, our road crews are pros at disposing of it and do an
            excellent job of keeping the roads clear for travelers. Heck, almost two
            years ago, MANY of us in the region drove to the Winter Revel held there, in
            a blizzard! And the road crews did an excellent job then as well. So, unless
            it is actively snowing *heavily*, your journey should be uneventful in our
            fair region, this time of year.

            I believe the closest major airport is Gerald R. Ford International in Grand
            Rapids. You may also want to try Lansing International. Both are roughly the
            same distance from the park, and are off the same major highway (I-96).

            The forthcoming website will have travel and accomodation info on it. I have
            also gotten a verbal agreement for helping do ordinate crash space from the
            local group's Baron, Master Sir Garth of the Crags.

            Please note that, while the event has an SCA slant, I EARNESTLY ENCOURAGE
            any of our brethren with common interests (e.g., The Sienkiewicz Society,
            Musketeers & Maidens, etc) to attend, as I am sure they have something to
            share!

            More info when I get it.

            --
            Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

          • Lente
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
              Hmm, until I see the school calendar for 2007 I won't really know for
              certain but that is the weekend in December that it has been on for the
              past 2 or 3 years. So right now and until end of July (when I get a copy
              of the calendar) I will just assume that it will be the same weekend for
              the school holiday singing at the church to happen. I will count my
              pennies and see about coming if the school singing weekend changes
              though. Heck I would even have to come up with colder weather garb than
              I have right now. One wool coat probably wouldn't cut it.

              Kathws