Re: [sig] Slavic U transport

  • mir.plemmons@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2006
      If we coordinate flights moderately, we can rent a van from airport and pile in. It'd be a bit silly for us to rent an assortment of cars to go *from* and *to* the same place. I'm willing to cool my heels in the airport and chip in on a van rather than pay 3 days rental for hotel-to-lodge...

      Oh - and Michigan in December means we won't have to worry about overheating, eh?

      moi dva grivni
      Mir
    • anubisgrrl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
        Greetings!

        I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U next year. I am in New Mexico.

        What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and ice?

        Cheers,
        Tatiana Grigorevna
        Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands
      • Lente
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
          Hi Tatiana,

          Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
          singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
          country for me. boo-hoo!

          Hope everyone has lots of fun and learns lots of new stuff to share.

          Kathws Rusa
          Al-Barran, Outlands

          anubisgrrl@... wrote:
          > Greetings!
          >
          > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U next year. I am in New Mexico.
          >
          > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and ice?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Tatiana Grigorevna
          > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands
        • Paul W Goldschmidt
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
            In 2007?? (or are you thinking 2006?)

            The event is in December 2007.

            At 05:42 PM 11/9/2006, you wrote:

            >Hi Tatiana,
            >
            >Please if you go enjoy it for me also; that is the weekend my daughter's
            >singing group is performing at church, so no traipsing off across
            >country for me. boo-hoo!
          • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
              On 11/9/06, anubisgrrl@... <anubisgrrl@...> wrote:

              > Greetings!
              >
              > I am a bit of lurker, but I am very keen on coming out to the Slavic U
              > next year. I am in New Mexico.
              >
              > What airport is the most convenient? Will we need to worry about snow and
              > ice?
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Tatiana Grigorevna
              > Shire of Nahrun Kabirun, Outlands

              Witam!

              Snow and ice are always a potential issue here in Michigan that time of
              year; however, our road crews are pros at disposing of it and do an
              excellent job of keeping the roads clear for travelers. Heck, almost two
              years ago, MANY of us in the region drove to the Winter Revel held there, in
              a blizzard! And the road crews did an excellent job then as well. So, unless
              it is actively snowing *heavily*, your journey should be uneventful in our
              fair region, this time of year.

              I believe the closest major airport is Gerald R. Ford International in Grand
              Rapids. You may also want to try Lansing International. Both are roughly the
              same distance from the park, and are off the same major highway (I-96).

              The forthcoming website will have travel and accomodation info on it. I have
              also gotten a verbal agreement for helping do ordinate crash space from the
              local group's Baron, Master Sir Garth of the Crags.

              Please note that, while the event has an SCA slant, I EARNESTLY ENCOURAGE
              any of our brethren with common interests (e.g., The Sienkiewicz Society,
              Musketeers & Maidens, etc) to attend, as I am sure they have something to
              share!

              More info when I get it.

              --
              Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

            • Lente
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2006
                Hmm, until I see the school calendar for 2007 I won't really know for
                certain but that is the weekend in December that it has been on for the
                past 2 or 3 years. So right now and until end of July (when I get a copy
                of the calendar) I will just assume that it will be the same weekend for
                the school holiday singing at the church to happen. I will count my
                pennies and see about coming if the school singing weekend changes
                though. Heck I would even have to come up with colder weather garb than
                I have right now. One wool coat probably wouldn't cut it.

                Kathws