Re: [sig] Slavic U almost a reality!

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      <<On 11/7/06, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
      Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?>>

      Dunno, good question.

      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        Woo hoo! We can go SLUMing!! :D :D We'll need a
        Tee-shirt with some sort of "slumming" joke on it....

        --Sfandra
        --ready to price flights and rental cars

        --- Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <panzygmunt@...>
        wrote:

        > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been
        > working on making this event
        > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these
        > dates, and are almost ready
        > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's
        > what we have so far. Hotel
        > & Airport info to come.
        > What does the group think of this?
        >
        > --
        > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
        > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master
        > Mordok Rostovskogo
        > SCA Polish Culture Resource:
        > http://www.plcommonwealth.org
        > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of
        > smart?
        > *****************************
        >

        > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
        >

        > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for
        > teeneagers, and kids
        > under a certain age will be free. Non-member
        > surcharge of $3 still applies
        > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
        >
        > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
        >

        > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation,
        > behavior and eating habits of
        > Slavic cultures. *
        >

        > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
        >

        > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in
        > advance, so all you out
        > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come!
        > Sunday is available as a
        > departure date, in case there are some who are too
        > drunk to drive home on
        > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday,
        > closes 11pm Saturday.
        > Friday could be used for any set up.
        >

        > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park,
        > Barony of Andelcrag, Canton
        > of Three Walls.*
        >

        > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures,
        > including (but not limited to)
        > the SCA's time period.*

        > removed]
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ******************
        Pomestnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
        Royal Clothier to TRM Lucan and Yana Von Drachenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        Sponsored Link

        For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.
      • Marina Anastasia Ozeroski
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
          All for it. With Sfandra on booking flights or renting cars (or vans if
          anyone wants to carpool from Ottawa, Ontario)

          Marina

        • Xristina Viaceslavova
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski" wrote:

            > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
            > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. *

            Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is a
            Wednesday.

            Xristina
          • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
              <<Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is
              a Wednesday.

              Xristina>>

              Yes, sorry for the confusion!

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                Hi there!
                The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination of
                nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a great
                event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget the
                particulars on that great BBQ joint on the northside
                of town but would massively appreciate any info!!!!!
                'dok

                Want to start your own business?
                Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
              • Marilee Humason
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                  Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                  again this coming year!We should meet up!
                  Baroness Anastasia
                  stasi

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                    Absolutely! I'm teaching a new kind of class on
                    costuming. No frills with a lot of application and
                    participation! My Lady and I are traveling down with a
                    friend, the same friend I went to my first Gulf Wars
                    with. I'm going to see if she feels ready to try out
                    teaching an apothecary class there. She wants to
                    teach Pennsic so who knows?
                    'dok
                    --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:

                    > Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                    > again this coming year!We should meet up!
                    > Baroness Anastasia
                    > stasi
                    > --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi there!
                    > > The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                    > > manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination
                    > of
                    > > nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                    > > midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a
                    > great
                    > > event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                    > > Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget
                    > the
                    > > particulars on that great BBQ joint on the
                    > northside
                    > > of town but would massively appreciate any
                    > info!!!!!
                    > > 'dok

                    > > Want to start your own business?
                    > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                    > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                    > >

                    > Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL)

                    Cheap talk?
                    http://voice.yahoo.com