Re: Slavic U almost a reality!

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      Greetings!

      I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
      to Mundane place-names?

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
      <panzygmunt@...> wrote:

      > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been working on making
      this event
      > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these dates, and are
      almost ready
      > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's what we have so
      far. Hotel
      > & Airport info to come.
      > What does the group think of this?
      >
      > --
      > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
      > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master Mordok
      Rostovskogo
      > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org
      > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of smart?
      > *****************************
      >

      > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
      >

      > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for teeneagers, and
      kids
      > under a certain age will be free. Non-member surcharge of $3 still
      applies
      > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
      >
      > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
      >

      > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation, behavior and eating
      habits of
      > Slavic cultures. *
      >

      > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
      >

      > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in advance, so all
      you out
      > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come! Sunday is
      available as a
      > departure date, in case there are some who are too drunk to drive
      home on
      > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday, closes 11pm
      Saturday.
      > Friday could be used for any set up.
      >

      > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park, Barony of Andelcrag,
      Canton
      > of Three Walls.*
      >

      > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures, including (but not
      limited to)
      > the SCA's time period.*

    • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        <<On 11/7/06, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
        Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?>>

        Dunno, good question.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
          <<On 11/7/06, Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
          Greetings!

          I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
          to Mundane place-names?

          This is at the Palmer Lodge, in Bertha Brock Park, Ionia, Michigan.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
            Woo hoo! We can go SLUMing!! :D :D We'll need a
            Tee-shirt with some sort of "slumming" joke on it....

            --Sfandra
            --ready to price flights and rental cars

            wrote:

            > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been
            > working on making this event
            > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these
            > dates, and are almost ready
            > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's
            > what we have so far. Hotel
            > & Airport info to come.
            > What does the group think of this?
            >
            > --
            > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
            > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master
            > Mordok Rostovskogo
            > SCA Polish Culture Resource:
            > http://www.plcommonwealth.org
            > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of
            > smart?
            > *****************************
            >

            > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
            >

            > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for
            > teeneagers, and kids
            > under a certain age will be free. Non-member
            > surcharge of $3 still applies
            > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
            >
            > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
            >

            > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation,
            > behavior and eating habits of
            > Slavic cultures. *
            >

            > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
            >

            > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in
            > advance, so all you out
            > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come!
            > Sunday is available as a
            > departure date, in case there are some who are too
            > drunk to drive home on
            > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday,
            > closes 11pm Saturday.
            > Friday could be used for any set up.
            >

            > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park,
            > Barony of Andelcrag, Canton
            > of Three Walls.*
            >

            > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures,
            > including (but not limited to)
            > the SCA's time period.*

            > removed]
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            ******************
            Pomestnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
            Royal Clothier to TRM Lucan and Yana Von Drachenklaue
            Kingdom of the East
            ******************
            Never 'pearl' your butt.

            Sponsored Link

            For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.
          • Marina Anastasia Ozeroski
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
              All for it. With Sfandra on booking flights or renting cars (or vans if
              anyone wants to carpool from Ottawa, Ontario)

              Marina

            • Xristina Viaceslavova
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski" wrote:

                > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
                > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. *

                Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is a
                Wednesday.

                Xristina
              • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
                  <<Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is
                  a Wednesday.

                  Xristina>>

                  Yes, sorry for the confusion!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                    Hi there!
                    The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                    manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination of
                    nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                    midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a great
                    event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                    Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget the
                    particulars on that great BBQ joint on the northside
                    of town but would massively appreciate any info!!!!!
                    'dok

                    Want to start your own business?
                    Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                  • Marilee Humason
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                      Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                      again this coming year!We should meet up!
                      Baroness Anastasia
                      stasi

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                        Absolutely! I'm teaching a new kind of class on
                        costuming. No frills with a lot of application and
                        participation! My Lady and I are traveling down with a
                        friend, the same friend I went to my first Gulf Wars
                        with. I'm going to see if she feels ready to try out
                        teaching an apothecary class there. She wants to
                        teach Pennsic so who knows?
                        'dok
                        --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:

                        > Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                        > again this coming year!We should meet up!
                        > Baroness Anastasia
                        > stasi
                        > --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi there!
                        > > The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                        > > manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination
                        > of
                        > > nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                        > > midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a
                        > great
                        > > event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                        > > Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget
                        > the
                        > > particulars on that great BBQ joint on the
                        > northside
                        > > of town but would massively appreciate any
                        > info!!!!!
                        > > 'dok

                        > > Want to start your own business?
                        > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                        > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                        > >

                        > Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL)

                        Cheap talk?
                        http://voice.yahoo.com