Re: [sig] Slavic U almost a reality!

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?

      --- Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <panzygmunt@...>

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
    • Tracy Kremer
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        Greetings!

        I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
        to Mundane place-names?

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
        <panzygmunt@...> wrote:

        > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been working on making
        this event
        > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these dates, and are
        almost ready
        > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's what we have so
        far. Hotel
        > & Airport info to come.
        > What does the group think of this?
        >
        > --
        > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
        > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master Mordok
        Rostovskogo
        > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org
        > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of smart?
        > *****************************
        >

        > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
        >

        > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for teeneagers, and
        kids
        > under a certain age will be free. Non-member surcharge of $3 still
        applies
        > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
        >
        > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
        >

        > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation, behavior and eating
        habits of
        > Slavic cultures. *
        >

        > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
        >

        > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in advance, so all
        you out
        > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come! Sunday is
        available as a
        > departure date, in case there are some who are too drunk to drive
        home on
        > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday, closes 11pm
        Saturday.
        > Friday could be used for any set up.
        >

        > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park, Barony of Andelcrag,
        Canton
        > of Three Walls.*
        >

        > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures, including (but not
        limited to)
        > the SCA's time period.*

      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
          <<On 11/7/06, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
          Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?>>

          Dunno, good question.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
            <<On 11/7/06, Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
            Greetings!

            I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
            to Mundane place-names?

            This is at the Palmer Lodge, in Bertha Brock Park, Ionia, Michigan.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
              Woo hoo! We can go SLUMing!! :D :D We'll need a
              Tee-shirt with some sort of "slumming" joke on it....

              --Sfandra
              --ready to price flights and rental cars

              wrote:

              > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been
              > working on making this event
              > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these
              > dates, and are almost ready
              > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's
              > what we have so far. Hotel
              > & Airport info to come.
              > What does the group think of this?
              >
              > --
              > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
              > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master
              > Mordok Rostovskogo
              > SCA Polish Culture Resource:
              > http://www.plcommonwealth.org
              > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of
              > smart?
              > *****************************
              >

              > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
              >

              > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for
              > teeneagers, and kids
              > under a certain age will be free. Non-member
              > surcharge of $3 still applies
              > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
              >
              > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
              >

              > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation,
              > behavior and eating habits of
              > Slavic cultures. *
              >

              > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
              >

              > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in
              > advance, so all you out
              > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come!
              > Sunday is available as a
              > departure date, in case there are some who are too
              > drunk to drive home on
              > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday,
              > closes 11pm Saturday.
              > Friday could be used for any set up.
              >

              > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park,
              > Barony of Andelcrag, Canton
              > of Three Walls.*
              >

              > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures,
              > including (but not limited to)
              > the SCA's time period.*

              > removed]
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              ******************
              Pomestnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
              Royal Clothier to TRM Lucan and Yana Von Drachenklaue
              Kingdom of the East
              ******************
              Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Sponsored Link

              For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.
            • Marina Anastasia Ozeroski
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
                All for it. With Sfandra on booking flights or renting cars (or vans if
                anyone wants to carpool from Ottawa, Ontario)

                Marina

              • Xristina Viaceslavova
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski" wrote:

                  > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
                  > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. *

                  Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is a
                  Wednesday.

                  Xristina
                • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
                    <<Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is
                    a Wednesday.

                    Xristina>>

                    Yes, sorry for the confusion!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                      Hi there!
                      The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                      manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination of
                      nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                      midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a great
                      event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                      Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget the
                      particulars on that great BBQ joint on the northside
                      of town but would massively appreciate any info!!!!!
                      'dok

                      Want to start your own business?
                      Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                      http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                    • Marilee Humason
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                        Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                        again this coming year!We should meet up!
                        Baroness Anastasia
                        stasi

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                          Absolutely! I'm teaching a new kind of class on
                          costuming. No frills with a lot of application and
                          participation! My Lady and I are traveling down with a
                          friend, the same friend I went to my first Gulf Wars
                          with. I'm going to see if she feels ready to try out
                          teaching an apothecary class there. She wants to
                          teach Pennsic so who knows?
                          'dok
                          --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:

                          > Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                          > again this coming year!We should meet up!
                          > Baroness Anastasia
                          > stasi
                          > --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi there!
                          > > The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                          > > manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination
                          > of
                          > > nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                          > > midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a
                          > great
                          > > event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                          > > Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget
                          > the
                          > > particulars on that great BBQ joint on the
                          > northside
                          > > of town but would massively appreciate any
                          > info!!!!!
                          > > 'dok

                          > > Want to start your own business?
                          > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                          > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                          > >

                          > Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL)

                          Cheap talk?
                          http://voice.yahoo.com