Slavic U almost a reality!

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
      Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been working on making this event
      a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these dates, and are almost ready
      to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's what we have so far. Hotel
      & Airport info to come.
      What does the group think of this?

      --
      Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

      *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*

      *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for teeneagers, and kids
      under a certain age will be free. Non-member surcharge of $3 still applies
      (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*

      *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*

      *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation, behavior and eating habits of
      Slavic cultures. *

      *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *

      *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in advance, so all you out
      of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come! Sunday is available as a
      departure date, in case there are some who are too drunk to drive home on
      the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday, closes 11pm Saturday.
      Friday could be used for any set up.

      *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park, Barony of Andelcrag, Canton
      of Three Walls.*

      *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures, including (but not limited to)
      the SCA's time period.*

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?

        --- Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <panzygmunt@...>

        Cheap talk?
        http://voice.yahoo.com
      • Tracy Kremer
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
          Greetings!

          I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
          to Mundane place-names?

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
          <panzygmunt@...> wrote:

          > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been working on making
          this event
          > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these dates, and are
          almost ready
          > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's what we have so
          far. Hotel
          > & Airport info to come.
          > What does the group think of this?
          >
          > --
          > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
          > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master Mordok
          Rostovskogo
          > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org
          > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of smart?
          > *****************************
          >

          > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
          >

          > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for teeneagers, and
          kids
          > under a certain age will be free. Non-member surcharge of $3 still
          applies
          > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
          >
          > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
          >

          > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation, behavior and eating
          habits of
          > Slavic cultures. *
          >

          > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
          >

          > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in advance, so all
          you out
          > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come! Sunday is
          available as a
          > departure date, in case there are some who are too drunk to drive
          home on
          > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday, closes 11pm
          Saturday.
          > Friday could be used for any set up.
          >

          > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park, Barony of Andelcrag,
          Canton
          > of Three Walls.*
          >

          > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures, including (but not
          limited to)
          > the SCA's time period.*

        • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
            <<On 11/7/06, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
            Will there be facilities to roast something(s)?>>

            Dunno, good question.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
              <<On 11/7/06, Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
              Greetings!

              I just rejoined the list; where in Midrealm will this be, in regards
              to Mundane place-names?

              This is at the Palmer Lodge, in Bertha Brock Park, Ionia, Michigan.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
                Woo hoo! We can go SLUMing!! :D :D We'll need a
                Tee-shirt with some sort of "slumming" joke on it....

                --Sfandra
                --ready to price flights and rental cars

                wrote:

                > Well, Istvan Valkai of Andelcrag & I have been
                > working on making this event
                > a reality. We have the Lodge reserved on these
                > dates, and are almost ready
                > to commit to them site & dates positively. Here's
                > what we have so far. Hotel
                > & Airport info to come.
                > What does the group think of this?
                >
                > --
                > Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                > Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval
                > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master
                > Mordok Rostovskogo
                > SCA Polish Culture Resource:
                > http://www.plcommonwealth.org
                > We have enough youth - how about a fountain of
                > smart?
                > *****************************
                >

                > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
                >

                > *PROJECTED gate fees: $7 - $10 range. Discounts for
                > teeneagers, and kids
                > under a certain age will be free. Non-member
                > surcharge of $3 still applies
                > (because we HAVE to charge it, per Society rules).*
                >
                > *Activities: A&S Classes and a Potluck feast*
                >

                > *Classes: Classes on the clothing, recreation,
                > behavior and eating habits of
                > Slavic cultures. *
                >

                > *Feast: A Pot luck evening feast. *
                >

                > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. * Yep, a year in
                > advance, so all you out
                > of kingdom people can plan to see if you can come!
                > Sunday is available as a
                > departure date, in case there are some who are too
                > drunk to drive home on
                > the previous evening. Site opens at 10 am Saturday,
                > closes 11pm Saturday.
                > Friday could be used for any set up.
                >

                > *Where: The Palmer Lodge of Bertha Brock Park,
                > Barony of Andelcrag, Canton
                > of Three Walls.*
                >

                > *Who: People interested in Slavic cultures,
                > including (but not limited to)
                > the SCA's time period.*

                > removed]
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                ******************
                Pomestnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
                Royal Clothier to TRM Lucan and Yana Von Drachenklaue
                Kingdom of the East
                ******************
                Never 'pearl' your butt.

                Sponsored Link

                For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.
              • Marina Anastasia Ozeroski
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
                  All for it. With Sfandra on booking flights or renting cars (or vans if
                  anyone wants to carpool from Ottawa, Ontario)

                  Marina

                • Xristina Viaceslavova
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 8, 2006
                    --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski" wrote:

                    > *What: Slavic University of the Midrealm (SLUM).*
                    > *When: Saturday, December 6, 2007. *

                    Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is a
                    Wednesday.

                    Xristina
                  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
                      <<Just to clarify...are you thinking of 8 December 2007, as the 6th is
                      a Wednesday.

                      Xristina>>

                      Yes, sorry for the confusion!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                        Hi there!
                        The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                        manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination of
                        nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                        midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a great
                        event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                        Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget the
                        particulars on that great BBQ joint on the northside
                        of town but would massively appreciate any info!!!!!
                        'dok

                        Want to start your own business?
                        Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                      • Marilee Humason
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                          Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                          again this coming year!We should meet up!
                          Baroness Anastasia
                          stasi

                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                            Absolutely! I'm teaching a new kind of class on
                            costuming. No frills with a lot of application and
                            participation! My Lady and I are traveling down with a
                            friend, the same friend I went to my first Gulf Wars
                            with. I'm going to see if she feels ready to try out
                            teaching an apothecary class there. She wants to
                            teach Pennsic so who knows?
                            'dok
                            --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:

                            > Hey! I went last year and I am pilgrimageing there
                            > again this coming year!We should meet up!
                            > Baroness Anastasia
                            > stasi
                            > --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Hi there!
                            > > The Winter issue of SLOVO will have my class
                            > > manual(?) for my Gulf Wars class. The combination
                            > of
                            > > nostalgia and decent BBQ overwelmed my clannish
                            > > midwestern sensibilities so a migration for a
                            > great
                            > > event is in store. Who else is planning on going?
                            > > Also, anyone familiar with Birmingham? I forget
                            > the
                            > > particulars on that great BBQ joint on the
                            > northside
                            > > of town but would massively appreciate any
                            > info!!!!!
                            > > 'dok

                            > > Want to start your own business?
                            > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                            > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                            > >

                            > Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL)

                            Cheap talk?
                            http://voice.yahoo.com