Prokofiev

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
      Gotta love Prokofiev for his scores......the 2nd
      Ivan the Terible movie actually got him a brief stay
      in a gulag but Beria of all people turned out to be a
      fan and got Stalin to spring him! If Eisenstien hadn't
      died he was slated to do some gulag time for tat one
      too!
      A couple years ago they the Columbus Philharmonic
      did Nevsky and it too was great...then the Cleveland
      Philharmonic did Ivan the Terrible, parts 1 & @ and a
      compendium, but rearranged chronologically. Great
      score but it violated the purist in me!
      'dok

      http://mail.yahoo.com