OT: Searching for a CD

  • Thomas Day
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      Im trying to find Russian folk music; CD's, etc. One CD I have found
      part of online but not its entirity is "Russian Divertisment". I dont
      know who the artist is, or when it came out.

      Does anyone know anything about the album?

      --
      Turvon Kuznetsov
      Senechal, Barony of Black Diamond
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
        Hi, Turvon!

        Are you looking for instrumental music, or folk singing? I don't know the
        album you mention, but I have a bunch of CDs of vocal ensembles singing
        Russian folk music. (Plug: You can also check out:
        http://community.middlebury.edu/~moss/MRC/mrc00.htm for info about my
        college Russian folk choir, including a few sound clips!)

        -- Kseniia

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
          I don't know about that one, but as another option,
          I'm hugely fond of the CD "Road of the Gypsies" by
          Loyko.

          --Sfandra

          http://mail.yahoo.com