Re: Can anyone puzzle this out>

  • Ron Jachim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      It is definitely Czech. The cz digraph on the url is a hint, but I
      think the e with the hook over it and the u with the open circle over
      it are unique identifiers of Czech amongst modern Slavic languages.

      The bad news is that I don't read a lick of Czech, but the good news
      is that there is a an email address for the Academic chap mentioned at
      the top of the article, and being a PhD, he probably learned English
      along the way. If I were you, I'd email the guy in a polite, formal
      way, but with straightforward language, and see if he's able to help
      you out.

      Ron
    • grunasulisz.asp@neostrada.pl
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
        Witaj Jadwiga,
        The text is very long. What do you want to know?
        This is a part of medieval manuscript of "Old Czechish Chronicle of so called Dalimil" (Staroceská kronika tak receného Dalimila) from 1 half (3 or 4th decade) of XIV c. The scholars assume that the ilumiantions were made in the northern Italy.

        Greetings,
        Magdalena z Wroclawia