Tatar / Nomadic Eurasian footwear

  • Joseph Root
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2006
      I need to make myself and my Tatar wife some boots for SCA garb.
      It has been difficult finding the proper footwear for Tatars of the earlier centuries of Kievan and Tatar russia. I am not so good at transcribing a pattern from an ancient painting so I was hoping to find someone who already has. Has anyone done this?
      Also I have a few photos my wife took in the Tobolsk Museum of really old slavic garb, even some boots made from woven plant material if anyone is interested.
      I can trade pictures with anyone interested. I would like to see pics of boots others have made.

      Tamr

      BF

      http://www.myspace.com/jeremyroot