Re: [sig] Re: Pyrohy question

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
      And if you can't find an event like that, perhaps the A&S event has a
      display area as oppose to competition area, if yes set up your pyrophy in
      that area under the information that this is a dish that could have been
      possibly made in a yadda yadda timeframe, and from yadda yadda countries.
      This would be my choice for anything I would enter, more cause I would want
      an even exchange of ideas with anyone who wants to see my display.

      Otherwise you could enter it in the strict A&S comps and know that you will
      most likely be recieving black marks, nasty comments, etc. because your docs
      aren't up to the standards they want. If you got a tough enough skin it
      could be a choice. Who knows you might make someone think.

      Kathws

      Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:15 AM
      Subject: [sig] Re: Pyrohy question

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
        Hi. This is a pet peeve of mine too so I practice
        friendly clue by fouring, al la southern style. I
        always have stated the weaknesses up front and noted
        that it is a developing area of study, my current
        theories being reactive to new information as it
        becomes available.
        When I got nasty comments I would email them and
        thank them for their comments and promise to send them
        a newer version when new informatin makes a more
        complete analysis possible. I would always finish with
        a conspiritorial sentence saying that "as we both well
        know, researching Eastern European subjects is
        significantly more challenging than the voluminous
        documentation available for Western European subject
        areas....so I appreciate your patience and support all
        the more". Enjoy your new social decorum corner,
        buddy!
        But I don't take prisoners or gladly promote
        someone's own harsh attitudes. Not good for the Arts.
        'dok

        --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

        > And if you can't find an event like that, perhaps
        > the A&S event has a
        > display area as oppose to competition area, if yes
        > set up your pyrophy in
        > that area under the information that this is a dish
        > that could have been
        > possibly made in a yadda yadda timeframe, and from
        > yadda yadda countries.
        > This would be my choice for anything I would enter,
        > more cause I would want
        > an even exchange of ideas with anyone who wants to
        > see my display.
        >
        > Otherwise you could enter it in the strict A&S comps
        > and know that you will
        > most likely be recieving black marks, nasty
        > comments, etc. because your docs
        > aren't up to the standards they want. If you got a
        > tough enough skin it
        > could be a choice. Who knows you might make someone
        > think.
        >
        > Kathws
        >
        > Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:15 AM
        > Subject: [sig] Re: Pyrohy question
        >

        > > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Alexey Kiyaikin aka
        > Posadnik

        > super-strict
        > > authenticity police...  ;)
        > >
        > > The best advice I've seen (although hard to
        > follow. Where are those
        > > competitions run by open minded people? Without
        > that extant recipe (or
        > > article of clothing) people aren't willing to let
        > go of their
        > > incorrect preconceived ideas.
        > >
        > > Magdalena Gdanska

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • magdalenag56
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
          More good advice!

          I'm taking this opportunity for those reading this post to further my
          education. I have people tell me that Polish women copied the clothing
          of Germany. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I haven't seen solid
          examples of this. I have stated that in the western regions of Poland
          there are similarities (to German clothing). It may be a matter of
          semantics, but there is a difference between similarities and copied.
          Please send me any information articles, photos, websites, you may
          have to illustrate this. I will incorporate whatever I can into my
          information on Polish women's clothing and I will post my findings to
          my folder on this list for others to see.

          Has anyone heard the one about red pants (women's) in Persia is
          supposed to mean a prostitute? This is another statement that is out
          there but no one can give documentation for it. And if you value your
          life, don't repeat it to someone with a Persian persona.

          Magdalena Gdanska