KW Clothing Symposium

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
      I just spoke with Mistress Eithni, the autocrat of KWCS and mentioned
      the interest that various SIG members had been expressing in the
      Symposium. She made two offers:

      1) If there are enough Slavic classes, she'd be willing to make a
      specific track for it; and
      2) If there is a desire, she'd be happy to arrange for a room for a
      Slavic reception in the evening (probably Friday).

      So, I guess the question is whether people are coming (keep in mind
      that this is Thanksgiving weekend, so if you're flying, you'll want
      to make reservations now) and if people who are coming want to meet.

      -- Paul Wickenden
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
        I haven't forgotten that Serbian restaurant we went
        to or the extraordinary balalaika preformance we
        witnessed, Paul. Unfortunately, I'll be in Texas with
        the family unit. For the other proposed sites though
        I'll gladly teach a 3 class series on Moscovite
        costuming covering beginning, intermediate and
        advanced levels. West, East or North...I'm a far
        traveller!
        'dok

        --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

        > I just spoke with Mistress Eithni, the autocrat of
        > KWCS and mentioned
        > the interest that various SIG members had been
        > expressing in the
        > Symposium. She made two offers:
        >
        > 1) If there are enough Slavic classes, she'd be
        > willing to make a
        > specific track for it; and
        > 2) If there is a desire, she'd be happy to arrange
        > for a room for a
        > Slavic reception in the evening (probably Friday).
        >
        > So, I guess the question is whether people are
        > coming (keep in mind
        > that this is Thanksgiving weekend, so if you're
        > flying, you'll want
        > to make reservations now) and if people who are
        > coming want to meet.
        >
        > -- Paul Wickenden

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • magdalenag56
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
          I am not able to attend the WKCS this year. At this point in time,
          it's too short of notice plus as your said it is Thanksgiving weekend.

          I like the orginal idea of planning for 2007.

          Magdalena Gdanska