Re: Russian Knowledge Page and Gallery updates

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 1999

      > I had a few moments tonight (I'm procrastinating on my homework again,
      > actually), so I decided to do a little updating. I'll be doing much more
      > when school ends in just a few more weeks, but this should hold you over
      > for now. If you see any dead links I missed, let me know.
      >
      > The Photo Gallery <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries for
      > Isabelle, Nostas'ia and Sergei have been updated. Take a look around and
      > let me know if I messed anything up. And as always, if you would like to
      > be added to the Gallery, just send me the info. (where is your photo
      > Isabelle, hmm?)

      > Have fun,
      > --Yana

      Yana--I have the photo. I'm sorry, we're having the Crowded Event From Hell
      next week (can you say "baronial investiture, two A&S competitions, three
      tourneys, and the Kingdom Heraldric Symposium in one day and in one event"?)
      and I'm feeling overwhelmed by that and mundane pressures. I trust I'll
      survive the event. Now that you've made me think about it, I'll get it in
      the mail ASAP. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Check
      back next week for information on me surviving the event!! :-)

      Dekuji!
      Isabelle

      patricia.hefner@...
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 1999
        >Yana--I have the photo. I'm sorry, we're having the Crowded Event From Hell
        <snip>
        >I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
        >Isabelle

        No inconvenience, I was just teasing you! ;)
        --Yana
      • Castalia
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
          I have not been able to access this site. Any problems or is it just me?

          In service
          K.

          >> The Photo Gallery <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries for
          >> Isabelle, Nostas'ia and Sergei have been updated. Take a look around and
          >> let me know if I messed anything up. And as always, if you would like to
          >> be added to the Gallery, just send me the info. (where is your photo
          >> Isabelle, hmm?)

          >> Have fun,
          >> --Yana
        • Diane S. Sawyer
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
            --- Castalia <castalia@...> wrote:
            > From: "Castalia" <castalia@...>
            >
            > I have not been able to access this site. Any
            > problems or is it just me?
            >
            > In service
            > K.

            The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a /.
            It should be
            http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery

            Tasha

            > >> The Photo Gallery
            > <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries
            > for
            <snip>
          • Jenn/Yana
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
              >The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a /.
              >It should be
              >http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery
              >
              >Tasha

              I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.

              --Yana <with her nose up in the air>
            • Diane S. Sawyer
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
                > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
                >
                > >The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a
                > /.
                > >It should be
                > >http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery
                > >
                > >Tasha
                >
                > I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.
                >
                > --Yana <with her nose up in the air>

                It was obviously little gremlins in your keyboard
                pressing the backspace key when you weren't looking.
                I don't know *why* I didn't think of it before.

                Tasha
                <smirking behind her hand>
              • Castalia
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                  Hi folks. Still can't get it. I don't know what's wrong but I'll keep
                  trying.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                    >> I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.
                    >>
                    >> --Yana <with her nose up in the air>
                    >>

                    >It was obviously little gremlins in your keyboard
                    >pressing the backspace key when you weren't looking.
                    >I don't know *why* I didn't think of it before.
                    >
                    >Tasha
                    ><smirking behind her hand>

                    Actually, the little boogers pressed the . instead of the /
                    Durn gremlins/ (see, they did it again!)
                    --Yana
                  • Diane S. Sawyer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/gallery

                      My turn to make a mistake. Remember, URLs are
                      generally designed to read domain/username/file.
                      Here, the domain is www.sit.wisc.edu, the username is
                      ~jdmiller2, and the file is gallery. An exception to
                      www prefix is when the address is a subdomain, as is
                      the case with my homepage, found at
                      http://tasha.htmlplanet.com (http stands for
                      Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and is generally implied
                      to be at the start of all internet addresses.)

                      Tasha