Russian Knowledge Page and Gallery updates

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 1999
      I had a few moments tonight (I'm procrastinating on my homework again,
      actually), so I decided to do a little updating. I'll be doing much more
      when school ends in just a few more weeks, but this should hold you over
      for now. If you see any dead links I missed, let me know.

      The Photo Gallery <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries for
      Isabelle, Nostas'ia and Sergei have been updated. Take a look around and
      let me know if I messed anything up. And as always, if you would like to
      be added to the Gallery, just send me the info. (where is your photo
      Isabelle, hmm?)

      The Russian Knowledge Page
      <http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/knowledge/main.html> entry for clothing
      has had its bad links fixed. I also added a few new links, check out the
      Female Rus' clothing (photo of a panova!) and Rus' Soldier links, as well
      as Sofya la Rus's article on Women's Clothing (she has drawings up now). I
      have also included a link to an article on legwraps. No, not the fighting
      technique, the bands of material the Rus' (and others) probably wrapped
      around their legs to keep from getting too chilly. Yippee! More clothing
      info!

      Have fun,
      --Yana
    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 1999

        > I had a few moments tonight (I'm procrastinating on my homework again,
        > actually), so I decided to do a little updating. I'll be doing much more
        > when school ends in just a few more weeks, but this should hold you over
        > for now. If you see any dead links I missed, let me know.
        >
        > The Photo Gallery <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries for
        > Isabelle, Nostas'ia and Sergei have been updated. Take a look around and
        > let me know if I messed anything up. And as always, if you would like to
        > be added to the Gallery, just send me the info. (where is your photo
        > Isabelle, hmm?)

        > Have fun,
        > --Yana

        Yana--I have the photo. I'm sorry, we're having the Crowded Event From Hell
        next week (can you say "baronial investiture, two A&S competitions, three
        tourneys, and the Kingdom Heraldric Symposium in one day and in one event"?)
        and I'm feeling overwhelmed by that and mundane pressures. I trust I'll
        survive the event. Now that you've made me think about it, I'll get it in
        the mail ASAP. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Check
        back next week for information on me surviving the event!! :-)

        Dekuji!
        Isabelle

        patricia.hefner@...
      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 1999
          >Yana--I have the photo. I'm sorry, we're having the Crowded Event From Hell
          <snip>
          >I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
          >Isabelle

          No inconvenience, I was just teasing you! ;)
          --Yana
        • Castalia
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
            I have not been able to access this site. Any problems or is it just me?

            In service
            K.

            >> The Photo Gallery <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries for
            >> Isabelle, Nostas'ia and Sergei have been updated. Take a look around and
            >> let me know if I messed anything up. And as always, if you would like to
            >> be added to the Gallery, just send me the info. (where is your photo
            >> Isabelle, hmm?)

            >> Have fun,
            >> --Yana
          • Diane S. Sawyer
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
              --- Castalia <castalia@...> wrote:
              > From: "Castalia" <castalia@...>
              >
              > I have not been able to access this site. Any
              > problems or is it just me?
              >
              > In service
              > K.

              The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a /.
              It should be
              http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery

              Tasha

              > >> The Photo Gallery
              > <http://www.sit.wisc.edu~jdmiller2/gallery> entries
              > for
              <snip>
            • Jenn/Yana
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                >The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a /.
                >It should be
                >http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery
                >
                >Tasha

                I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.

                --Yana <with her nose up in the air>
              • Diane S. Sawyer
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                  --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
                  > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
                  >
                  > >The URL was written incorrectly -- Yana left out a
                  > /.
                  > >It should be
                  > >http://www.sit.wisc.edu.~jdmiller2/gallery
                  > >
                  > >Tasha
                  >
                  > I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.
                  >
                  > --Yana <with her nose up in the air>

                  It was obviously little gremlins in your keyboard
                  pressing the backspace key when you weren't looking.
                  I don't know *why* I didn't think of it before.

                  Tasha
                  <smirking behind her hand>
                • Castalia
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                    Hi folks. Still can't get it. I don't know what's wrong but I'll keep
                    trying.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                      >> I, make a mistake? Never. Hmmpf.
                      >>
                      >> --Yana <with her nose up in the air>
                      >>

                      >It was obviously little gremlins in your keyboard
                      >pressing the backspace key when you weren't looking.
                      >I don't know *why* I didn't think of it before.
                      >
                      >Tasha
                      ><smirking behind her hand>

                      Actually, the little boogers pressed the . instead of the /
                      Durn gremlins/ (see, they did it again!)
                      --Yana
                    • Diane S. Sawyer
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 10, 1999
                        http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2/gallery

                        My turn to make a mistake. Remember, URLs are
                        generally designed to read domain/username/file.
                        Here, the domain is www.sit.wisc.edu, the username is
                        ~jdmiller2, and the file is gallery. An exception to
                        www prefix is when the address is a subdomain, as is
                        the case with my homepage, found at
                        http://tasha.htmlplanet.com (http stands for
                        Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and is generally implied
                        to be at the start of all internet addresses.)

                        Tasha