Re: [sig] Pennsic 36 Inter-Kingdom Slavic / Eastern European Studies Un

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
      ------- Original Message -------
      > My first pennsic class on the History of Russian Style Icons...

      Magdalena,

      Our lives are following disturbing parallels...  Both letniks and icons?  Jinx!

      Which reminds me.  I need to stop emailing and start painting.  ;)

      Sofya

    • Marilee Humason
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
        I would dearly love to participate, I have a class I
        am putting together on Russian Gypsy Herbal medicine
        and the Shauvahani, but unfortunately I am going to
        Gulf Wars next year, not Pennsic.
        Anastasia

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
          Stasi!
          Could I get of copy of that for my Lady? She has an
          absolute mania for medieval apothecary but has had
          trouble finding sources...hasn't slowed her down
          though!
          'dok

          --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:

          > I would dearly love to participate, I have a class I
          > am putting together on Russian Gypsy Herbal medicine
          > and the Shauvahani, but unfortunately I am going to
          > Gulf Wars next year, not Pennsic.
          > Anastasia
          >
          > --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Marilee Humason
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
            Sure I actually have a lot of non-Russian primary
            sources for medicine, apothocary, etc. if she wants
            too.
            stasi

            --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

            > Stasi!
            > Could I get of copy of that for my Lady? She has
            > an
            > absolute mania for medieval apothecary but has had
            > trouble finding sources...hasn't slowed her down
            > though!
            > 'dok
            >
            > --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I would dearly love to participate, I have a class
            > > am putting together on Russian Gypsy Herbal
            > medicine
            > > and the Shauvahani, but unfortunately I am going
            > > Gulf Wars next year, not Pennsic.
            > > Anastasia

          • Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
              Did someone mention something about having a handout on Gypsy herbal
              stuff? I would LOVE to see that, if you don't mind. We have a gypsy
              themed event in my local group at the end of September, and I'd like
              to get some ideas of things to add for feast hall decor and gifts. It
              also doesn't hurt that I'm interested in all things herbal either....

              Mishka
            • Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
                Stasi states:
                > Sure I actually have a lot of non-Russian primary sources for medicine, apothocary, etc.
                > if she wants too.

                Ooo! Ooo! Me too! Pweeeease? *bats eyelashes*

                Mishka
                (spicer, apothecary, herbalist...and other such personae)
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
                  She'll kiss your feet. What format is best for you?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
                    Ok,
                    I will get it together after our crown event this
                    weekend and send you guys copies of my biblography.
                    stasi

                    <giudo.brunelleschi@...> wrote:

                    > Stasi states:
                    > > Sure I actually have a lot of non-Russian primary
                    > sources for medicine, apothocary, etc.
                    > > if she wants too.
                    >
                    > Ooo! Ooo! Me too! Pweeeease? *bats eyelashes*
                    >
                    > Mishka
                    > (spicer, apothecary, herbalist...and other such
                    > personae)

                  • Marilee Humason
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 29, 2006
                      When I have it together next week you all can email me
                      seperately and I will make arrangements to get it to
                      you, I also need to see how many pages it ends up
                      being, I may have to send you all discs by snail mail.
                      I am getting PDF eventually but probably not until
                      January.
                      stasi

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 30, 2006
                        How much do I love you! My Lady will be ecstatic! Do
                        you have paypal or should I send via snail mail? BTW,
                        Gulf Wars, eh?

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 30, 2006
                          Yep, we went this year and met some great people so we
                          are going to do it again!
                          I will let you know, it may not cost enough to bother.
                          stasi

                          --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                          > How much do I love you! My Lady will be ecstatic! Do
                          > you have paypal or should I send via snail mail?
                          > BTW,
                          > Gulf Wars, eh?
                          > 'dok
                          >
                          > --- Marilee Humason <stasiwa@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > When I have it together next week you all can
                          > email
                          > > me
                          > > seperately and I will make arrangements to get it
                          > > you, I also need to see how many pages it ends up
                          > > being, I may have to send you all discs by snail
                          > > mail.
                          > > I am getting PDF eventually but probably not until
                          > > January.
                          > > stasi
                          > >
                          > > --- Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi
                          > > <giudo.brunelleschi@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Did someone mention something about having a
                          > > handout
                          > > > on Gypsy herbal
                          > > > stuff? I would LOVE to see that, if you don't
                          > > mind.
                          > > > We have a gypsy
                          > > > themed event in my local group at the end of
                          > > > September, and I'd like
                          > > > to get some ideas of things to add for feast
                          > hall
                          > > > decor and gifts. It
                          > > > also doesn't hurt that I'm interested in all
                          > > things
                          > > > herbal either....
                          > > >
                          > > > Mishka
                          > > >

                          > > Baroness Anastasia Alexandrovna Andreeva (OL)

                          > protection around
                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Kristina Lindsey
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 30, 2006
                            Oh! Indeed, I would also LOVE a copy, if I could get one, too. I am obsessed
                            with such things and if I had seen these posts yesterday, I would definately
                            have been jumping on the chance long before now! This information would be
                            perfect for a few things that are being worked on here locally!

                            Ekaterina

                          • magdalenag56
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 30, 2006
                              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

> [...]

                              I've begun gessoing my own boards and experimenting to find which
                              binder I like best in the gesso. I don't know what was used in Eastern
                              Europe in Period. Do you? I'm thinking of trying to make my own
                              sealant with amber chips if I can figure out a way to heat the amber
                              to 300'F without blowing up my house. If anyone can help I'd love to
                              hear suggestions.

                              MG