Re: [sig] Pennsic 36 Inter-Kingdom Slavic / Eastern European Studies

  • purplkat@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2006
      It sounds wonderful - especially the part about getting all the manuals together. This would help the people who are too far away to come to the event.

      Maybe we could also add to the disk a bunch of pics of atendee's garb.

      I am central East Kingdom, so I am voting for a site only 2-3 hours away. Anything farther than that would have to be a weekend event. This eliminates anything west of Philadelphia (sp?).

      Katheryne
      Author of 'The Polish Names Book'

      --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
      > How about if we all get togethor and do a Slavic Pennsic University course load????? An Inter-Kingdom teaching staff???!!!!
      > WE COULD GET ALL THE MANUALS TOGETHOR, SCAN THEM, BURN THEM ON DISK AND OFFER THEM AS A COURSE BOOK TO FUND SIG MAILINGS......AND OUR PARTY!
      > What do you all think? Is this just a hairbrained idea or can this work?
      > 'dok
    • m.allen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
        Wouldn't it be marvelous if this became an annual event that was
        held in various parts of the country on a pre-determined
        rotational schedule?

        Antoinette
        Aethelmearc
        --- purplkat@... wrote:

        [Clip your posts!]
      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
          I agree, a disc of garb photos would be COOL!

          --
          Cze�� Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

        • krysta birtch
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
            i just recieved this tonight:

            http://www.students.uwosh.edu/~thens25/kwcostuming06/

            since there are no classes listed yet, i was wondering
            if anyone in northshield could be enticed to throw one
            together? i know that there has been discussion of
            different costuming classes and i thought that this
            might be a good trial run. also, i noticed from the
            members list that there are quite a few people in or
            around jara, so this might be a nice occasion for an
            informal meet 'n' greet. just a thought...

            -galina

            [Clip your posts! --Moderator]
          • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2006
              What about holding this event in early December, before all the 12th night's
              start kicking off? Not only could we wear our nifty cool-weather garb, we
              could mix in our holiday food & traditions as well?

              --
              Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval