Kokoshniks on Ebay

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200000174265&category=4006
      Or Item 200000174265

      Very 'folkwear' clothing, but the kokoshniks are
      giving me ideas.
      The seller is SouvenirsFromRussia.
      --Sfandra

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
        Wow, that's beautiful.

        --
        Cze�� Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
          How about if we all get togethor and do a Slavic
          Pennsic University course load????? An Inter-Kingdom
          teaching staff???!!!!
          I can get my friends in the local casting guild
          to do commemorative teacher tokens with a Slavic
          flair! Who's good at design?
          I'll even craft a new Russian costuming class,
          strictly for the absolute beginner and primarily
          female oriented, and move my usual class to the
          intermediate level.
          You know, I could even roll my decoration
          techniques and fur-lined garments into an advanced
          class and turn it all into a class series!!!!
          WE COULD GET ALL THE MANUALS TOGETHOR, SCAN THEM,
          BURN THEM ON DISK AND OFFER THEM AS A COURSE BOOK TO
          FUND SIG MAILINGS......AND OUR PARTY!
          What do you all think? Is this just a hairbrained
          idea or can this work?
          'dok

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Shannon Anderson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
            I think it's a wonderful idea. And could we bundle our
            university/event with a winter (read: cold weather)
            venue so that we can wear our warm Slavic clothing?!!
            I know some of us chatted at the SIG meeting about
            having a one-time event that could pull all the
            Slavic-oriented costumers together in a place/time
            that isn't oh, Pennsic-temperature.
            I recommended Chautauqua Institution in Western NY
            (Aethelmearc)
            http://www.ciweb.org/
            since winter-spring is their "off-season" they have
            lots of available lodging and meeting space as well as
            lovely winter activities (sleigh rides!).
            Anyway, I hope we could maybe get something off the
            ground for 2007 or 2008. I'd love to help out with
            this!

            Margarita

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
              I'm in.
              -- Jadwiga

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
                Lovely place! What kind of rates would be available?

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
                  Cool.
                  I was vaguely putting together a class while leading a
                  shopping excursion at Pennsic for my Haus. I was
                  calling it "Russian Eye for the SCA Guy..."

                  FWIW, I'd love a lunela pendant as a token:
                  http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htm

                  --Sfandra

                  --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                  > How about if we all get togethor and do a
                  > Slavic
                  > Pennsic University course load????? An Inter-Kingdom
                  > teaching staff???!!!!
                  > I can get my friends in the local casting guild
                  > to do commemorative teacher tokens with a Slavic
                  > flair! Who's good at design?
                  > I'll even craft a new Russian costuming class,
                  > strictly for the absolute beginner and primarily
                  > female oriented, and move my usual class to the
                  > intermediate level.
                  > You know, I could even roll my decoration
                  > techniques and fur-lined garments into an advanced
                  > class and turn it all into a class series!!!!
                  > WE COULD GET ALL THE MANUALS TOGETHOR, SCAN
                  > THEM,
                  > BURN THEM ON DISK AND OFFER THEM AS A COURSE BOOK TO
                  > FUND SIG MAILINGS......AND OUR PARTY!
                  > What do you all think? Is this just a
                  > hairbrained
                  > idea or can this work?
                  > 'dok

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
                    On 8/28/06, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                    > How about if we all get togethor and do a Slavic
                    > Pennsic University course load????? An Inter-Kingdom
                    > teaching staff???!!!!
                    > I can get my friends in the local casting guild
                    > to do commemorative teacher tokens with a Slavic
                    > flair! Who's good at design?
                    > I'll even craft a new Russian costuming class,
                    > strictly for the absolute beginner and primarily
                    > female oriented, and move my usual class to the
                    > intermediate level.
                    > You know, I could even roll my decoration
                    > techniques and fur-lined garments into an advanced
                    > class and turn it all into a class series!!!!
                    > WE COULD GET ALL THE MANUALS TOGETHOR, SCAN THEM,
                    > BURN THEM ON DISK AND OFFER THEM AS A COURSE BOOK TO
                    > FUND SIG MAILINGS......AND OUR PARTY!
                    > What do you all think? Is this just a hairbrained
                    > idea or can this work?
                    > 'dok>>
                    > .

                    Just cuz it's a hair-brained idea, doesn't it's not an idea whose time has
                    come!! :D

                    I think this is great. Also, Bertha Brock park in Ionia, Michigan has a
                    lovely place, the Palmer Lodge, that has wonderful ambience. Plus, they have
                    other SCA events there in the winter, so it could be another venue as well.

                    The Lodge: http://www.ioniacounty.org/images/Park/pages/PalmerLodge_jpg.htm

                    Park's site: http://www.ioniacounty.org/bbpark/index.html

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 2006
                      I'm willing to go anywhere so long as I can find some
                      crash space! :D

                      I've never been to Michigan.... though I kind of have
                      to vote for the NY location; there, I can drive to.

                      --Sfandra
                      --Carolingian, EK (though I don't pahk my cah in
                      Hahvahd Yahd...) (actually, noone can - Harvard would
                      get really ticked off if you tried to park on their
                      pretty landscaped 'quad' called the Yard...)

                      --- Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <panzygmunt@...>

                      http://mail.yahoo.com