Pennsic Meeting !

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2006
      We had about 35 people at the S.I.G. Group meeting with several
      bringing food and books to share. Also Pan Zygmunt showed off some
      wonderful garb!!! I tried to set the area up in a circle but ended
      up with more crowding in in the back and on the edges. We started
      with Intros' and then as a group answered a few specific questions
      about garb, embroidery, icon painting, and S.I.G. itself. Many
      gentles then shared interesting research they had been doing. These
      included a book on Polish garb and a Polish name book created by
      group members. We also had some great books people had brought to
      share from their personal collectins. Once we all knew who was
      who... and who was working on what, we opened the floor to
      individual and small group converstaions along with enjoying the
      snacks, kvas,and Raspberry Krupnik! It seemed that a good time was
      had by all and much knowledge was shared. Finally, we had to
      surrender the area to the next group scheduled and say our good-byes
      until next year.

      ---- As a foot note next year it seems we will need to arrange a
      larger space.

      Also, if we wish, I have found an cook willing to prepare excellent
      Slavic/ Russ food for us next year should we so desire. This would
      need arranging in advance however and could be done either as a
      feast with a per head fee of about $6 person...would make a nice
      Pennsic meal you wouldn't have to fix? This would need an advance
      count, etc. Or a few of us could chip on a couple of trays of stuff
      and just have it out for everyone as a hospitality effort? Let me
      know what you think of the idea?

      Please send me some feedback on what you would like or NOT like to
      see next year. I am already thinking to arrange it later in the
      afternoon and for a longer time?

      Marija ( who's name is being resubmitted as Mariia Kotokova per the
      Heralds... I'll keep you posted )
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2006
        Mariia,

        Thanks for the kind words about the garb and the krupnik! It was a very
        great pleasure to meet all of you and finally put faces with names. I am really
        looking forward to next year and our meeting, and talking about all the new
        things we'll be doing.

        Thanks to whomever (Yana?) organized and co-ordinated our meeting so that we
        could use AEthelmearc's tent.

        Czesc Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski,
        Servant of Sir Dag Thorgrimsson, Master Mordok Rostovskogo
        Middle Kingdom, Shire of Talonval
        _The Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth_ (http://www.plcommonwealth.org/)
        Narcolepsy is when you can't stay awake. Insomnia is when you can't sleep.
        Having both at one time is called Parenthood - Bodvarr Geirsson

      • ladysatinedelacourcel
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
          Sorry to have missed the fun! I am happy it was such a success!

          In Service,

          Satine
        • Denise Plonis
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
            Raspberry Krupnik?

            We make Krupnik - but I've never heard of Raspberry Krupnik. It sounds wonderful. Could someone post the recipe for it?

            Thanks,

            Tatiana of Varena
            tatiana@...

            [Edit your posts, please--moderator]
          • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 23, 2006
              The gentle Tatianan wrote:

              "Can someone post a recipe for raspberry krupnik?"

              Here you go: http://www.plcommonwealth.org/files.htm , then look for section
              6.

              --
              Cze�� Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Middle Kingdom, Pentamere, Shire of Talonval