How do I track down info from a specific excavation??

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2006
      Hi,
      I just found a quote on the polish government site
      about decorated easter eggs.

      http://www.poland.gov.pl/Polish,holidays,and,customs,412.html
      "Another Easter custom is the tradition of decorating
      eggs. The oldest Polish Easter egg comes from the 10th
      century and was found at an excavation site in Ostrów.
      Interestingly, it was made in a technique very much
      like those used today."
      Then it goes on to describe the process of making a
      wax resist egg.

      Needless to say I'm excited (tempered by the many dead
      ends of the past...)
      So how do I find more information about this
      excavation? I wrote a brief email to the site that had
      the information asking about the information... but
      doubt very much I will hear back from them. I did a
      breif google of "Ostrów" but couldn't narrow the
      search down enough to get anything worth while.
      Does anyone have any other suggestions of how/where I
      can look?
      Thanks.
      -Kataryna