Kernave diadems

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      Hi all,
      A few months back, there was lots of excitement about Baltic headwear,
      and I posted some photos and information about the Kernave diadems.

      I just discovered today, that there is an article online with clear
      (although pixilated) full-colour photographs of the actual finds
      (which is exciting for people who are used to line drawings of artefacts!)

      The article is "Kernavë in the context of towns of the Grand Duchy of
      Lithuania" by Gintautas VĂ«lius in _Archeologica 4_ pp.161-174
      ISSN: 1392-6748
      http://www.leidykla.eu/fileadmin/Archeologia/Archeologia_4/Gintautas_Velius.pdf

      I can't figure out how to directly access this journal, but using
      Google seems to produce a lot of interesting articles on archaeology
      (and a lot of them are in English, those that aren't have summaries.)
      http://snipurl.com/ttyb

      Hope this helps people with their research!
      Asfridhr