Re: Russian Garb on Ebay

  • Stephanie Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      It is not muffin-like on the back..or it shouldn't be. I now looked again,
      and I think it's off a bit. The burgundy kokoshnik on my website is modeled
      on
      one of the Peasant Art hats, but that picture is the front. I know what the
      back looks like, and mine did look like that when flat...it's making it
      actually have the right shape when assembled that was the problem.

      Liudmila

      There is a drawing of a similar hat in Tkach's History Of Ukrainian
      costume. I don't think it would have been made of brocade however. I was
      under the impression that it is a regional variation of a povoynik and was
      made of white linen like the povoynik.

      ~Nadya~
      Et si omnes ego non.

      "The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
      first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
      Maryland Republicans, 1809.