Re: [sig] Pennsic stuff

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
      In a message dated 7/10/2006 10:33:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      yanajenn@... writes:

      Time for my annual Pennsic run down! Uh, I did
      remember to do this last year, didn't I?

      Pennsic classes of a Slavic bent (titles and teachers
      only, apologies if I missed anything or anyone):
      <_http://pennsicwar.http://pennhttp://pennsichttp://_
      (http://pennsicwar.org/penn35/AANDS/sched08-09.html) >

      Slavic Medieval Archaeological Discoveries / Michael
      de Safita
      Byzantine Jewelry Slideshow / Apollonia Voss
      Medieval-style Mustards / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
      Byantine Chess / Galen MacByrne
      Introduction of Kievan Rus / Peotr Alexeivich
      Russian Icons from St Luke to Cimabue / Magdalena
      Gdanska
      Designing Russian & Slavic Illumination / Marija
      Kotok
      Hungarian Names 101/ Kolozsvari Arpadne Julia
      Byzantine Icon Painting / Dosalena Sophia della
      Mirandola
      Slavery in Kievan Rus / Peotr Alexeivich
      Baba Yaga: the Arch-Villainess of Russian Folklore /
      Luceta di Cosimo
      Pagan beliefs in ancient Russia / Luceta di Cosimo

      Hey, Marija, do we have a day and place for the SIG
      meeting yet? And is that you teaching the illumination
      class? Looking forward to that!

      I also discovered a potentially very useful site
      today! The Pennsic People Page
      <_http://pennsic.http://pennsic.http_ (http://pennsic.net/peoplemain.html) >.
      Do a keyword
      search for "yana" and you'll find my profile. Notice
      that you can even put down where you are camping. By
      entering (or searching on) your block number, you can
      find out easily where people are camping. If you do
      decide to fill out a profile, be sure to add SIG in
      there somewhere so we can find you!

      See you at Pennsic!

      --Yana>>

      I'm in too!

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski,
      Servant of Sir Dag Thorgrimsson, Master Mordok Rostovskogo, THL Albyn
      Buckthorne
      Middle Kingdom, Shire of Talonval
      SCA Polish Costume resource - http://members.aol.com/moxfool/arts.html
      "I would have you bear in mind," he continued to his squires, "that gentle
      courtesy is not, as is the base use of so many false knights, to be shown only
      to maidens of high degree, for there is no woman so humble that a true
      knight may not listen to her tale of wrong" - Sir Nigel Loring, 'The White
      Company'.

    • Paul W Goldschmidt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
        Check the Summer Slovo for details on the gathering...

        At 09:31 PM 7/10/2006, you wrote:
        >Hey, Marija, do we have a day and place for the SIG
        >meeting yet? And is that you teaching the illumination
        >class? Looking forward to that!
      • Danks Cole
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
          For those of us not able to attend, is it possible to get copies of
          handouts or whatever for any of these classes?

          Vlakh

          [Clip your posts please!]