FW: Medieval Plants - forwarded by request

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2006
      Just got notice of this!
      Maria P

      Greetings
      If you're interested in medieval plants and gardens, you might
      want to consider a trip to central PA the weekend of July 8th
      for "Medieval Gardens and Plants," a conference organized
      by the Horticulture Department at Penn State University:

      Teachers, Master Gardeners and the General Public who are interested in
      the secret world of medieval plants will find this conference of great
      interest. Learn about how medieval plants can enrich your school
      programs, your garden and your cooking. Experts in a variety of fields
      will discuss the use and history of medieval plants in garden design,
      Art, Literature, medicine and the household Arts.

      Details about lodging, parking, and fees can be found at
      HYPERLINK
      "http://hortweb.cas.psu.edu/medieval/index.html"http://hortweb.cas.psu.e
      du/medieval/index.html

      The conference schedule can be found at
      HYPERLINK
      "http://hortweb.c!%0d%0a%20as.psu.edu/medieval/schedule.html"http://hort
      web.cas.psu.edu/medieval/schedule.html

      The registration deadline for this conference is June 26.

      Please pass this message on to anyone you feel might
      be interested.

      Note that this is an academic conference, **not** an
      SCA-sponsored activity.

    • Lynda Fjellman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2006
        Oh my that sounds wonderful! PA is too far to go right now and I am
        headed to an equestrian event that weekend anyway.

        I am always looking for resources on farming and orchards. I am growing
        a cider orchard. I have also been getting ready to start a coppiced
        woodlot. Any one here doing anything similar that would like to chat???
        Ilaria