Rus garb

  • Soraya Newell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2006
      Kathws wrote:

      <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/articles/nb47_emb.pdf>

      Thanks for the references. There are some pictures I have not seen
      before. Page 10 in the embroidery article shows that Anastasia's ubrus
      is actually the top portion of a multi-part icon veil embroidered in
      her workshop, not a personal headdress veil.

      So, for those of us who have been meaning to copy and wear this red and
      blue veil, a question:
      Is there any way to find out if this style of embroidered veil was ever
      actually worn by a woman, rather than just being executed as a piece of
      ecclesiastical embroidery which was only intended to be displayed as an
      icon veil?

      Soraya