Transliteration Help

  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
      Greetings to the List,

      I am working on a handout for an upcoming class that I am teaching on
      Northern/Eastern Europeon Bead Finds.

      I have a copy of the the original archeological book on Novgorod published
      in 1985 and I have having trouble transliterating the title of the book for
      putting into my bibliography. I know the first part is Drevniai Novgorod
      and that the last word is the phonetic of archeology but I'm lost with the
      rest. The book has a brown dust box with white lettering and a picture of
      the sketch of the city from about the 1300s. The back of the dust box is a
      full color photo of amber beads, a cup and a comb. The book is a tan color
      with brown and black lettering.

      I'm typing it here the best I can.

      �PEBH�� HOB�OPO� npuk�adhoe uckyccmbo u apxeo�osu�

      Can anyone transliterate and translate this for me?

      Much thanks.
      Posadnitsa Ianuk

    • aldo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
        Transliteration as follows:
        DREVNEE NOVGORODSKOE PRIKLADNOE ISSKUSTVO I ARHEOLOGIJA

        Trnaslation is:

        APLLIED ART AND ARCHEOLOGY OF ANCIENT NOVGOROD
      • aldo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
          The result is the same but you are right tho. I added too many letters which
          do not appear in the transliteration.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006

            At 12:54 PM 6/13/2006, you wrote:

            >äPEBHéê HOBçOPOä npukÌadhoe uckyccmbo u apxeoÌosuÑ
            >
            >Can anyone transliterate and translate this for me?
            >
            >Much thanks.
            >Posadnitsa Ianuk
          • Jenna Mitelman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 13, 2006
              On 6/13/06, Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

              > �PEBH�� HOB�OPO� npuk�adhoe uckyccmbo u apxeo�osu�

              As far as I can tell from your typing, the title would be:

              DREVNIY NOVGOROD prikladnoye iskustvo i arkheologiya

              Translation: ANCIENT NOVGOROD applied art and archeology

              ~Aryenne
            • aldo
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 24, 2006
                Dear Paul, would there be any place for attached aryicle in SLOVO? If yes, I
                would really be proud of. Your editing is a matter of course. Thanks for any
                reply

                Aldo C. Marturano