Re: [sig] Rus'ka Pravda in English?

  • John Kowal
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
      Greetings All!

      Wow! I didn't know there was a version online. I got copies by hitting
      our University Library and then photocoping them.
      AVL
    • Alastair Millar (IOL)
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
        Sfandra wrote...

        > Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
        > Rus'ka Pravda in English?

        There are links to a number of Russian primary sources in English,
        INCLUDING both of those supplied by Charles, on the website of this
        list! Go to the SIG list page, click links, then 'primary sources in
        english', then 'russian' to find them.

        > Or of a book version in English I might be able to hunt down?

        There are bibliographic details for a number of Russian primary sources
        in English (NOT including the Rus'ka pravda, though) on the website of
        this list! Go to the SIG list page, click database, then 'primary
        sources in english'.

        Obviously, if people can add anything to EITHER of these resources,
        please feel free to do so!!!!! (Or send me the info, and I'll add it in)

        Cheers!

        Alastair
        Who always hoped these things would be useful to someone someday...
      • Stephanie Ross
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
          Unfortunately, all the Durham U. links are saying that I don't have permission.
          Error finding page
          403 Forbidden
          Access to the requested URL: /~dml0www/borigleb.html is forbidden, probably due to filesystem permissions.
          If you are the owner of this file and wish to make it readable on the web, please see the ITS pages on web page file permissions.
          Rats! : (

          Nadya

          There are links to a number of Russian primary sources in English,
          INCLUDING both of those supplied by Charles, on the website of this
          list! Go to the SIG list page, click links, then 'primary sources in
          english', then 'russian' to find them.

        • Paul W Goldschmidt
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
            Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

            [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
            about that!]

            I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
            reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
            of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.

            The deadline is October 1.

            Thanks,
            Paul (for SIG)

          • aldo
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 12, 2006
              I am sending u a Medieval recipe to make karavai. If u think u can publish
              it in Slovo, it will be great and I'll be thankful. Ciao

              Aldo C. marturano
              > [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
              > about that!]
              >
              > I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
              > reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
              > of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.
              >
              > The deadline is October 1.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Paul (for SIG)

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Paul W Goldschmidt
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                appreciated. Pennsic-related topics are especially welcome. The only
                restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                Let me know if you have anything.

                The deadline in July 1.

                Thanks,
                Paul (for SIG)

              • aldo
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
                  Dear Paul, I am sending attached an article of mine. Let me know if u like it and if u will put it in Slovo.

                  Ciao

                  Aldo

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 2, 2007
                    Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                    As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                    Fall Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The major
                    restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                    Let me know if you have anything.

                    The deadline in October 1.

                    Thanks,
                    Paul (for SIG)

                  • Paul W Goldschmidt
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 31 3:48 PM
                      Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                      As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                      Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The only
                      restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                      I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation material.

                      Let me know if you have anything.

                      The deadline in July 2.

                      Thanks,
                      Paul (for SIG)

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
                        Hi Paul,

                        How do you feel about recipes? I've been trying to
                        collect some pierogi ones, and was thinking about
                        sharing them.

                        --Sfandra

                        --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

                        > Greetings Slavic Interest Group!
                        >
                        > As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for
                        > submissions for the
                        > Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                        > appreciated. The only
                        > restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.
                        >
                        > I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation
                        > material.
                        >
                        > Let me know if you have anything.
                        >
                        > The deadline in July 2.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Paul (for SIG)

                        > removed]

                        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                        Haus Von Drakenklaue
                        Kingdom of the East
                        ******************
                        Never 'pearl' your butt.
                      • Paul W Goldschmidt
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 25, 2010
                          I'm still looking for articles to publish in the Fall Slovo. Let me
                          know if you have anything. The deadline is next weekend.

                          Thanks,
                          Paul Wickenden
                        • goldschp tds.net
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 2, 2012
                            I've started work on the Winter Slovo and could definitely use some
                            articles to publish. If you have material that would be of interest
                            to the Slavic Interest Group, let me know directly (off-list). The
                            deadline is January 1st.

                            Thanks,

                            Paul Wickenden of Thanet
                            goldschp@...
                          • goldschp tds.net
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 9, 2013
                              I'm looking for submissions for the Summer Slovo. This is our annual
                              pre-Pennsic issue, so articles that are War-related are especially welcome.

                              The deadline is officially July 1st, but I will be out of the country until
                              the 3rd, so there's some leeway on that date.

                              Contact me off-list if you have any questions or ideas.

                              Thanks,
                              Paul