Re: [sig] Rus'ka Pravda in English?

  • Charles Richter
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
      Here's the short version:
      http://web.grinnell.edu/individuals/kaiser/shrp.html

      And the long version:
      http://web.grinnell.edu/individuals/kaiser/exrp.html

      Both translations are taken from _The Laws of Rus'--Tenth to Fifteenth
      Centuries_, which is very useful overall:

      _The Laws of Rus'--Tenth to Fifteenth Centuries_, tr., ed. Daniel H.
      Kaiser (Salt Lake City: Charles Schlacks Publisher, 1992).

      It's rather hard to find your own copy now, but several libraries have
      it. I lucked out when my old Medieval Russian professor retired and
      started emptying his shelves.

      --Charles

      Sfandra wrote:

      > Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
      > Rus'ka Pravda in English? Or of a book version in
      > English I might be able to hunt down? (I'd go so far
      > as to hit the BPL if necessary.. and I HATE going into
      > Boston.)
    • John Kowal
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
        Greetings All!

        Wow! I didn't know there was a version online. I got copies by hitting
        our University Library and then photocoping them.
        AVL
      • Alastair Millar (IOL)
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
          Sfandra wrote...

          > Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
          > Rus'ka Pravda in English?

          There are links to a number of Russian primary sources in English,
          INCLUDING both of those supplied by Charles, on the website of this
          list! Go to the SIG list page, click links, then 'primary sources in
          english', then 'russian' to find them.

          > Or of a book version in English I might be able to hunt down?

          There are bibliographic details for a number of Russian primary sources
          in English (NOT including the Rus'ka pravda, though) on the website of
          this list! Go to the SIG list page, click database, then 'primary
          sources in english'.

          Obviously, if people can add anything to EITHER of these resources,
          please feel free to do so!!!!! (Or send me the info, and I'll add it in)

          Cheers!

          Alastair
          Who always hoped these things would be useful to someone someday...
        • Stephanie Ross
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
            Unfortunately, all the Durham U. links are saying that I don't have permission.
            Error finding page
            403 Forbidden
            Access to the requested URL: /~dml0www/borigleb.html is forbidden, probably due to filesystem permissions.
            If you are the owner of this file and wish to make it readable on the web, please see the ITS pages on web page file permissions.
            Rats! : (

            Nadya

            There are links to a number of Russian primary sources in English,
            INCLUDING both of those supplied by Charles, on the website of this
            list! Go to the SIG list page, click links, then 'primary sources in
            english', then 'russian' to find them.

          • Paul W Goldschmidt
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
              Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

              [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
              about that!]

              I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
              reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
              of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.

              The deadline is October 1.

              Thanks,
              Paul (for SIG)

            • aldo
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 12, 2006
                I am sending u a Medieval recipe to make karavai. If u think u can publish
                it in Slovo, it will be great and I'll be thankful. Ciao

                Aldo C. marturano
                > [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
                > about that!]
                >
                > I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
                > reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
                > of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.
                >
                > The deadline is October 1.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Paul (for SIG)

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Paul W Goldschmidt
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                  As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                  Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                  appreciated. Pennsic-related topics are especially welcome. The only
                  restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                  Let me know if you have anything.

                  The deadline in July 1.

                  Thanks,
                  Paul (for SIG)

                • aldo
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
                    Dear Paul, I am sending attached an article of mine. Let me know if u like it and if u will put it in Slovo.

                    Ciao

                    Aldo

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 2, 2007
                      Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                      As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                      Fall Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The major
                      restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                      Let me know if you have anything.

                      The deadline in October 1.

                      Thanks,
                      Paul (for SIG)

                    • Paul W Goldschmidt
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 31 3:48 PM
                        Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                        As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                        Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The only
                        restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                        I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation material.

                        Let me know if you have anything.

                        The deadline in July 2.

                        Thanks,
                        Paul (for SIG)

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
                          Hi Paul,

                          How do you feel about recipes? I've been trying to
                          collect some pierogi ones, and was thinking about
                          sharing them.

                          --Sfandra

                          --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

                          > Greetings Slavic Interest Group!
                          >
                          > As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for
                          > submissions for the
                          > Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                          > appreciated. The only
                          > restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.
                          >
                          > I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation
                          > material.
                          >
                          > Let me know if you have anything.
                          >
                          > The deadline in July 2.
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          > Paul (for SIG)

                          > removed]

                          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                          Haus Von Drakenklaue
                          Kingdom of the East
                          ******************
                          Never 'pearl' your butt.
                        • Paul W Goldschmidt
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 25, 2010
                            I'm still looking for articles to publish in the Fall Slovo. Let me
                            know if you have anything. The deadline is next weekend.

                            Thanks,
                            Paul Wickenden
                          • goldschp tds.net
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 2, 2012
                              I've started work on the Winter Slovo and could definitely use some
                              articles to publish. If you have material that would be of interest
                              to the Slavic Interest Group, let me know directly (off-list). The
                              deadline is January 1st.

                              Thanks,

                              Paul Wickenden of Thanet
                              goldschp@...
                            • goldschp tds.net
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 9, 2013
                                I'm looking for submissions for the Summer Slovo. This is our annual
                                pre-Pennsic issue, so articles that are War-related are especially welcome.

                                The deadline is officially July 1st, but I will be out of the country until
                                the 3rd, so there's some leeway on that date.

                                Contact me off-list if you have any questions or ideas.

                                Thanks,
                                Paul