Call for Articles

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 5, 2006
      Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

      As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
      Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The only
      restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

      Let me know if you have anything.

      The deadline in July 1.

      Thanks,
      Paul (for SIG)

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
        Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
        Rus'ka Pravda in English? Or of a book version in
        English I might be able to hunt down? (I'd go so far
        as to hit the BPL if necessary.. and I HATE going into
        Boston.)

        I'm looking for any references about any sort of
        apprentice system or agreements in Kievan Rus.

        Thanks,
        Sfandra Dmitrieva

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Charles Richter
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
          Here's the short version:
          http://web.grinnell.edu/individuals/kaiser/shrp.html

          And the long version:
          http://web.grinnell.edu/individuals/kaiser/exrp.html

          Both translations are taken from _The Laws of Rus'--Tenth to Fifteenth
          Centuries_, which is very useful overall:

          _The Laws of Rus'--Tenth to Fifteenth Centuries_, tr., ed. Daniel H.
          Kaiser (Salt Lake City: Charles Schlacks Publisher, 1992).

          It's rather hard to find your own copy now, but several libraries have
          it. I lucked out when my old Medieval Russian professor retired and
          started emptying his shelves.

          --Charles

          Sfandra wrote:

          > Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
          > Rus'ka Pravda in English? Or of a book version in
          > English I might be able to hunt down? (I'd go so far
          > as to hit the BPL if necessary.. and I HATE going into
          > Boston.)
        • John Kowal
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 8, 2006
            Greetings All!

            Wow! I didn't know there was a version online. I got copies by hitting
            our University Library and then photocoping them.
            AVL
          • Alastair Millar (IOL)
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
              Sfandra wrote...

              > Does anyone happen to know of a website with the
              > Rus'ka Pravda in English?

              There are links to a number of Russian primary sources in English,
              INCLUDING both of those supplied by Charles, on the website of this
              list! Go to the SIG list page, click links, then 'primary sources in
              english', then 'russian' to find them.

              > Or of a book version in English I might be able to hunt down?

              There are bibliographic details for a number of Russian primary sources
              in English (NOT including the Rus'ka pravda, though) on the website of
              this list! Go to the SIG list page, click database, then 'primary
              sources in english'.

              Obviously, if people can add anything to EITHER of these resources,
              please feel free to do so!!!!! (Or send me the info, and I'll add it in)

              Cheers!

              Alastair
              Who always hoped these things would be useful to someone someday...
            • Stephanie Ross
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
                Unfortunately, all the Durham U. links are saying that I don't have permission.
                Error finding page
                403 Forbidden
                Access to the requested URL: /~dml0www/borigleb.html is forbidden, probably due to filesystem permissions.
                If you are the owner of this file and wish to make it readable on the web, please see the ITS pages on web page file permissions.
                Rats! : (

                Nadya

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
                  Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                  [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
                  about that!]

                  I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
                  reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
                  of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.

                  The deadline is October 1.

                  Thanks,
                  Paul (for SIG)

                • aldo
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 12, 2006
                    I am sending u a Medieval recipe to make karavai. If u think u can publish
                    it in Slovo, it will be great and I'll be thankful. Ciao

                    Aldo C. marturano
                    > [I forgot to send out my usual call for articles on the first. Sorry
                    > about that!]
                    >
                    > I'm looking for submissions for the Fall Slovo. Short articles,
                    > reviews, etc. appreciated. The only restriction is that it must be
                    > of interest to SIG. Let me know if you have anything.
                    >
                    > The deadline is October 1.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Paul (for SIG)

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Paul W Goldschmidt
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2007
                      Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                      As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                      Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                      appreciated. Pennsic-related topics are especially welcome. The only

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 7, 2007
                        Dear Paul, I am sending attached an article of mine. Let me know if u like it and if u will put it in Slovo.

                        Ciao

                        Aldo

                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 2, 2007
                          Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                          As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                          Fall Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The major
                          restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                          Let me know if you have anything.

                          The deadline in October 1.

                          Thanks,
                          Paul (for SIG)

                        • Paul W Goldschmidt
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 31 3:48 PM
                            Greetings Slavic Interest Group!

                            As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for submissions for the
                            Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc. appreciated. The only
                            restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.

                            I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation material.

                            Let me know if you have anything.

                            The deadline in July 2.

                            Thanks,
                            Paul (for SIG)

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
                              Hi Paul,

                              How do you feel about recipes? I've been trying to
                              collect some pierogi ones, and was thinking about
                              sharing them.

                              --Sfandra

                              --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

                              > Greetings Slavic Interest Group!
                              >
                              > As usual at this time of year, I'm looking for
                              > submissions for the
                              > Summer Slovo. Short articles, reviews, etc.
                              > appreciated. The only
                              > restriction is that it must be of interest to SIG.
                              >
                              > I am particularly interested in Pennsic-relation
                              > material.
                              >
                              > Let me know if you have anything.
                              >
                              > The deadline in July 2.
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              > Paul (for SIG)

                              > removed]

                              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                              Haus Von Drakenklaue
                              Kingdom of the East
                              ******************
                              Never 'pearl' your butt.
                            • Paul W Goldschmidt
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 25, 2010
                                I'm still looking for articles to publish in the Fall Slovo. Let me
                                know if you have anything. The deadline is next weekend.

                                Thanks,
                                Paul Wickenden
                              • goldschp tds.net
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 2, 2012
                                  I've started work on the Winter Slovo and could definitely use some
                                  articles to publish. If you have material that would be of interest
                                  to the Slavic Interest Group, let me know directly (off-list). The
                                  deadline is January 1st.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Paul Wickenden of Thanet
                                  goldschp@...
                                • goldschp tds.net
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 9, 2013
                                    I'm looking for submissions for the Summer Slovo. This is our annual
                                    pre-Pennsic issue, so articles that are War-related are especially welcome.

                                    The deadline is officially July 1st, but I will be out of the country until
                                    the 3rd, so there's some leeway on that date.

                                    Contact me off-list if you have any questions or ideas.

                                    Thanks,
                                    Paul